*- 58 - I must not break school rules

The walk to the Great Hall was rather quiet, since everyone was trying to mentally prepare themselves for what was coming. Once we entered the Great Hall, you could hear a pin drop. Umbridge was sitting in Dumbledore's chair, smiling sickly as we walked in. She had put desks at the front of the hall, all equipped with a piece of parchment and quill.

"Sit, sit", she said and motioned to the desks in front of her. I rubbed the scar on the back of my hand, which still hadn't faded completely. Umbridge waved her wand and my hand was ripped away from Fred's in an instant.

"You, that desk, Weasley, this one", she said angrily. I reluctantly sat down at the desk in the far left corner, as Fred sat down at the one on the first row on the right. He looked pissed. This woman should really be pushed off the Astronomy Tower some time soon.

Everyone else took a seat and we waited nervously. Most people in the room had never served detention with Umbridge before, but everyone had heard the stories. Nigel was quietly whimpering in the chair next to me and Hermione looked uneasy as well. This was probably her first detention in general.

"I want you to write down I must not break school rules. You will write that over and over again, until the hour is over. I want it written down at least a hundred times." Everyone looked at each other uneasily.

"Now!" She said. I carefully picked up the quill and took a deep breath. I wrote down the first word and waited for the burning sensation to begin.

It was worse the second time, but I did know what to expect. I tried to relax my hand as much as possible, which helped the tiniest bit. The pain was worse, though. Even though it had been months, scars of a blood quill don't heal easily and the skin was still sensitive. It being ripped open again was not feeling great. I just hoped the scar would not become permanent. I did not want a reminder of Dolores Umbridge on my hand for the rest of my life.

Nigel was crying softly next to me and I could hear Susan breathing unsteadily. Cho was not in detention and I couldn't help but feel such hatred towards her. How could she? She normally wasn't a telltale at all.

I looked at Fred often, but he showed little emotion. His jaw was tense, though and I knew for sure that the anger he was building up would soon explode. The twins were my favourite people in the world, but you did not want to rub them the wrong way and Umbridge had definitely done that.

When Umbridge announced that the hour was over, I quickly dropped the quill and pressed my good hand over the wounded one like last time, which relieved the pain a little.

"You can go now", Umbridge said with a satisfied smile on her face. Oh, how I would love to slap that smile off her face Muggle-style.

Nigel got out of his seat and ran out of the Great Hall crying. I wanted to go after him, but two others had beaten me to it: Fred and George. They followed Nigel out of the Great Hall, calling his name.

I met up with Hermione, who was shaking like a leaf, and we walked out of the Great Hall. Outside we found Cho, patiently waiting for us, but everyone walked past her without saying a word. She might be my friend, but I didn't want to talk to her right now either. Not after just receiving the punishment caused by her.

"It's going to be fine, Nigel", I heard Fred say. We turned a corner and saw the twins sitting next to Nigel on one of the stone benches in the hall. Nigel was still crying softly.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as it seems. See, it's fading already", George added, showing his own hand.

"The pain stops after a while", Fred mumbled. It warmed my heart to see them care so much for this little boy, but the situation pained me. A second-year student should not have to go through this.