Chapter 20

"Get him some water, I'll be fine, just be quick" I demand Aiden while I kneel in front of him

"Luke, how did you get here?" I ask gently, he still doesn't gain eye contact with me and he stays in the exact same position.

"I drove" he admits after a moment. I sigh.

"That was stupid Luke" I scold quietly.

"I know, but I thought it would be worth it," Luke whispers, by the looks of it he was sobering up.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to my best friend, tears falling freely. He knew what I meant, how sorry I really was that I wasn't able to love probably the most perfect human for me in the world.

Nala jumps of the couch and sits beside me, nuzzling my neck. She was obviously aware that something was wrong.

Aiden returns and passes me a glass of water. I assist Luke in drinking the whole cup, he still refuses to meet my eye.

"Luke, you need to sleep it off and there's no way you're driving back home so please let me help you to bed," I ask quietly. Luke nods and I help him up before we stumble up the stairs and into a guest room, Aiden follows closely behind and I'm thankful that he doesn't want to leave me alone with a vulnerable and unreliable Luke.

I kick open the door and help him in before he all but falls onto the bed and turns around, still fully dressed.

"Luke?" I try but he doesn't reply, he just continues to look at the wall in silence.

After realizing I wasn't going to get anything out of him I sigh and walk out, Aiden puts 2 Advil and a water bottle on the bedside table before he follows me out and closes the door.

I lean my head against the closed door and feel myself sliding down it, Aiden joins me on the ground.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I whisper after a few minutes of silence.

Aiden doesn't respond and instead stands up, pulling me up with him.

"Aiden please, I don't want to talk about Maddi or anything like that," I beg hopelessly, weakly leaning my head against the door while a stray tear falls down my face.

"I know, let's go to bed." Aiden sighs, intertwining our fingers and taking me to my room.

If I wasn't feeling so dejected, the action might make me nervous or give me butterflies as his touch had for some reason.

We walk into my room and I slowly climb into bed, the action exhausting me to extreme measures. Aiden helps me and then goes to walk out, probably to another guest room or Elijah's room.

I don't know what it is, or what the cause is but when I realized he planned on leaving me alone to drown in my thoughts I panicked a little. "Aiden? Please sleep with me, I don't want to be alone." I find myself begging. If the situation was any different I would never beg the bad boy to sleep with me, my pride wouldn't allow it.