IX

•••

The streets were full of people bustling here and there, shopping for new clothes, shoes, accessories, and many more.

Food stalls and cafes are also busy since it's almost noon. Vendors shouting as they garner attention of people. Children being held by their mothers and asking for toys, young omegas walking in groups as they steal glances at alphas who are busy trying on suits and shoes to impress.

Everyday is a busy day. Life has always been like that in the Amber Kingdom.

The King loves to stroll around the busy streets with a few royal guards with him. He would wear casual clothes to blend with the crowd yet he would wear his crown. People would bow down and greet the king as he passes by, children would come near him and he would pat their heads, sometimes he would talk to some vendors and buy some things. He loves being close to his people, after all that's how he met his wife, through the hectic streets of the Amber Kingdom.

This time, he decided to bring his sons along. He would point out a few memorable shops to them and recall stories. Showing them shortcuts and introducing them to some of the folks he knew personally.

"Now this shop will always be my favorite place to eat, son." He gestures to the old yet well refurbished shop on the end of streets. It was full of people since it was lunch time.

He made his way to the shop and is shown to his seat, on a balcony facing nature and its beauty. He looks back only to his younger son following him.

"Where's your older brother?" He asks as his son sits on the other end of the table.

"He must have went off, Father. I haven't notice he wasn't following us." The king looks at his guards and gestures them to go find the other prince.

"That brother of yours, really. Always love to go on his own." He sighs as a waitress walks to their table and asks for their orders.

"Hyung rarely has time to do so, Father. With him being the next in line for the throne." The younger says as the king sighs again.

"I know, son. I'm glad you're always there for him when I can't." He sadly says, his son giving him a smile.

"Hyung understands you have responsibilities. The kingdom is important to you as well as to hyung." They both thank the waitress as the food arrived, changing a prayer before they eat.

The younger continues, "Hyung just feels burdened with the fact that he'll never get to be like you. You're a great ruler to Amber kingdom, if not the greatest."

The king nods as he listens to his younger son, mulling in his head that he never knew such troubles his son has. He felt like he failed them.

"Don't feel bad about it, Father. Hyung is doing great and he tries his best." He says as he notices the king's expression growing sad.

The king smiles. "Spoken like a prince. My son is all grown up now."

The younger returns the smile as they continue eating.

As they finish, the royal guards came back but the prince is no where to be seen.