XI

•••

"Emerald King, we have gathered every young alpha willing to join. There are about a hundred newbies, sir."

Said King looks at the paper handed to him by one of his troop captains. It was the list of new alphas that are to be trained and be part of the Kingdom's army.

"This is a lot, captain. I'll be there in a moment to check them." The captain salutes and leaves the king to his work.

Its been years since he had talked to the Diamond King about the darkness that's trying to breach the borders. He has sent some of his higher ranked officers to go and secure the line. He gathers new soldiers to be train and be prepared.

'You will never know what the future will bring, after all.'

The king stands up from his seat and walks his way to the training grounds where the new ones are lined up and set to be in squads.

They all straightened themselves and bows to the King.

"Your Highness, thank you for coming." One of his field commanders approached him. "We're trying to double the work to achieve great results, Sir. This new ones are all strong."

"I'm glad to hear that, Commander. We need to be equipped, the others haven't come back yet, we don't know what is out there."

"It's been a month since the voyage, Sire. Are you sure were not gonna send people to follow them?"

Of course he was worried, the voyage towards the line only takes a week and another week to sail back to kingdom, but a month has passed, he received no letters or any signal that they could be in danger. He trusts them. Especially his son who is with them.

"I'm sure they are safe, commander. My son is with them, they are all skilled fighters." The king tries to sound confident and it seems like the commander believes it. "But by Tuesday that they have not returned, I will send out my men to find them."

He turns to leave and heads back the palace.

'Please guide my son back home.'

•••

"Emerald King, I believe that if we secure the edges of the kingdom, we would be alert if their are strange occurrences."

The king decided to gather his council for a meeting regarding the safety of all the kingdoms as there were reports and sightings of unfamiliar boats near the Ruby Kingdom. The Ruby King has sent a letter to the king regarding the situations, and he assured the other that they will investigate and send men on the waters.

"But we are lacking of people who are trained, Duke. The other officers are still on the voyage, if we send men to the Ruby Kingdom, then what of ours?" The King's adviser replies to the Duke.

"But its obvious they are trying to sneak into the Ruby Kingdom, and what if they get near the Diamond Kingdom? This will surely be chaos if we can't catch them now." The Duke speaks back, standing up from his seat to glare at the adviser, the other people at the council could only watch them. Both sides have a point but its hard to decide at the moment and choose which is prior.