XIV

•••

"How long will it take before we reach Diamond Kingdom?" Chan asks, a yawn threatening to escape as he rubs his eyes and lifts himself off the bed. All of them slowly waking up, grumbling as the Sapphire King tells them that they will leave before the sun rises.

Jun, who was the nearest to the window looks at the sky and almost slumps back to sleep. It's still dark, no sign of the sun coming out soon.

Mingyu and Seokmin were side by side leaning at each other, already sitting up. The former almost falling off the bed since his eyes were still closed.

Hansol was on the floor, face flat on the ground, mumbling in his sleep. Soonyoung and Seungcheol were already on the dining hall. Their bags are already packed and decided to leave the others to sleep some more.

Hastily, they trekked to the hall, hairs unbrushed and crusts in their eyes. The other two were conversing when they arrived.

Soonyoung laughs at seeing their faces. Seungcheol 'tsked' at their appearances as they sit and start eating.

"Do you expect your future fiancé's to be pleased seeing your faces like that?" He asked, clearly displeased.

"My face is handsome as it is." Junhui and Mingyu spoke at the same time.

"Unbelievable." Seokmin mutters and tries to brush his untamed hair down, grabs a piece of bread and starts munching on it.

"I'm sure they'll be fine with what we look, hyung." Hansol replies to the elder and sits beside Chan who was stuffing himself with food.

"You seem excited about this marriage or am I just imaging things, hyung?" Soonyoung asks, he can't help but be curious about it. All eyes were on Seungcheol. He scoffs and waves a hand at them.

"Just hurry up so we can leave. We are expected to be there early."

The Sapphire King enters the room and smiles at them. "Are you boys all set? Your luggage are already at the carriage. Hurry, so you can reach the kingdom before night time."

The princes quickly moved, taking one last bite of their food before scrambling out of the castle to where the carriage is waiting for them.

The king escorts them down and watches them with a smile. Chan and Mingyu were arguing who will sit at the front, Hansol was already sleeping, Seokmin beside him, eating the food he managed to snatch from the dining hall and Soonyoung sitting next to carriage driver. He watches as Seungcheol massaging his temples in frustration.

He calls out to them, "Now, I want you on your best behavior when you arrive at the kingdom, understood?"

"Yes, your Highness." "Understood, Father."

He turns to Seungcheol and pats him on the shoulder. "Best be on your way."

He was about to turn and head inside the castle when he remembers something, "And see you all on your wedding day."

The carriage moves and they wave goodbye to the king, heading towards the Diamond Kingdom and to a new future.

•••