chapter fifty-seven-"Stay away from me"

Hey dearies, hope you enjoy, vote, recommend and COMMENT hhahaaah yeah yeah i keep repeating it hahahahha

Love you all,

----------------------------------

Jace's pov

It's been two months and still, she hadn't moved a finger.

He just sat there, holding her hand, talking to her, as if she was awake and well.

Esme and Charles came daily to visit her and Jace would only then move from her side, in order to give her parents some space.

He was shocked when he saw Charles cry along with Esme, two months ago, at her sight.

But now, they would sit and talk to her. They would tell her stories of her childhood, the disasters she caused and Esme would even sing to her.

Tommy and Mark would scream at her to wake up. Tommy went as far as shaking her, begging his sister to come back to him. But still, no response.

Dante took the responsibilities of a doctor and he would be the one that would keep putting wet towels on her forehead, whenever she had a fever, which was almost every two days, change the gauzes on her lower legs and palms that were still, not even half healed.

Jace told him that he could let the doctor do that but he insisted, saying that she always took care of him and it's his turn to repay the huge dept.

There were also days that she would become unstable, as her heartbeat would increase a lot or the opposite, decrease and the doctor would struggle to return her to normal.

Other days, almost daily in fact, whenever the sedate would start wearing off, she would groan and writhe in pain and John would once again sedate her.

He layed his head on the hand he was holding, tiredly, while his other hand was around Ash and Tammy, that were laying beside his Lionesse.

They would shake her and cry and talk to her, like everyone else but still, no response.

"How is she? Is there any improvement?" Reia asked, as she took a seat beside him and stared at lionesse in guilt.

"No. Nothing changed. She's still in a coma" he replied hoarsely.

She said nothing and just sat there silently, thinking about something.

The pups were asleep now and Jace reluctantly stood up, to carry them to their own beds.

"I'll take them. You stay by her side. The doctor said she heals faster when you have contact with her" Reia said and gently picked the pups up, leaving the room.

He stroked her cheek and removed some of her beautiful dark hair from her pale face and then layed his hand on her face.

"Come on love. Come on. Wake up. Open those beautiful eyes for me. Enough sleeping you lazy woman" he whispered.

His eyes shot to his hand.

He swore he felt movement.

Then it happened again.

She moved her index finger again.

He could hear her heart beating steadier, almost normal and her breathing too.

He was so happy that he gripped her arms.

That seemed to be a grave mistake, as she quickly opened her eyes and with panic, snatched her hand from his, hurrying away from him.

However, being on the hospital bed, there was no much room and she fell, yelping in pain.

Jace rushed to her side and tried to hold her to get her back on the bed.