Chapter 27

I kept true to myself and didn't talk about it. But I thought about it…

Why would Alex call me drunk and then go off to talk to some other girl right in front of my face?! Well technically not right in front of me, but I saw it!

So in order to help me forget about it, I did what almost anyone else would do. I turned to alcohol. It seemed appropriate and very convenient since I was already at a bar so the ADTR guys and I ordered about 4 rounds of shots along with other drinks.

“OHHHH SHIT YOU GUYS I REMEMBER THIS SONG!! CAL-I-FOR-NIA GIRLS UNDENIABLE!” I sang pretty loudly, earning a few stares from others in the bar, but the guys cheered me on and Alex Shelnutt got up off his stool, pulled me up, and started dancing like and idiot with me. I guess you could say that myself, Alex, and Kevin were the most drunk out of everyone there.

——————

The rest of the night was spent at a club just down the street from the bar with the guys, drinking and dancing. And I’d say that was a very good way of forgetting about my troubles.

“Rachel! Come on! I know you know this song!” Alex Shelnutt yelled out to me just as the new Justin Timberlake song started.

I shot him a huge smile and walked over to him. The way we were dancing reminded me of the time Alex and I went to that club a while ago. We were close, hands linked together…except this time I had a different feeling inside my stomach. I couldn't quite describe it though. Then of course, I started thinking about my boyfriend and how upset he would probably be if he had heard about this. I wasn't one of those people to cheat on my boyfriend, even if I was upset with him, so I knew I had to speak up.

“Alex, I have to tell you something! I actually have a-”

“What? I cant really hear you!” He yelled over the music.

I grabbed his neck and started pulling him closer to me to tell him in his ear. That is, until he got the wrong message and pulled me in too, giving me a kiss on the lips. I immediately pulled back, thankfully not feeling anything from that kiss, and saw his face change to a worried expression.

“Alex, I was trying to say that-” Shit. I knew something wasn't right inside of me.

A few exclaims of disgust were heard around me as I vomited everything that was inside of me. I threw up a lot on Alex which I felt terrible for, but I was at the point where I literally couldn't control myself.

I felt myself being picked up and brought outside.

“Here drink some” I felt a cold glass of water being brought to my face by Jeremy who then tilted it back for me to drink.

“What. A. Night.” was all I could manage to say after a few moments.

——————

“You want any of us to stay with you tonight?”

I unlocked my door and turned to the ADTR guys who brought me home, “I think I’m a bit better now. I’ll be fine by myself. Thanks for bringing me back and taking care of me, guys.”

Jeremy sympathetically grabbed my shoulder, “get some rest and we’ll see you soon.”

They all started shuffling back to the car, when Alex Shelnutt came back to me, “Jeremy told me about your boyfriend. I’m sorry I came on too strong.”

“And I’m sorry I didn't exactly stop it too much. So I’ll see you guys again on Monday?”

“Yeah. I’ll go now. Bye.”