Six

Everything turned out good. Well, that's what Taehyung thought.

He noticed that Jungkook avoided him for the past two days, not even sparing him a glance or two. He didn't accompany him going to school nor coming home.

It seemed that Jungkook was giving him the cold shoulders in return, but that only lasted for two days.

After that, surprisingly, everything turned to normal.

"Good morning."

Taehyung lifted his gaze, hearing the familiar voice of Jungkook. He saw him enter the dining room, smiling warmly at his mother who's busy setting up their breakfast.

"Oh. Kookie!" Tessa beamed, seeing the young man join them to breakfast after a while.

"I thought you're going to skip breakfast again." She said in a concerned voice.

Even though Taehyung was not telling her anything, she could sense that something happened between the two, which was why she hardly saw them together now.

Jungkook just smiled before planting a soft kiss on her cheek. He took his seat, eyes glancing over the brunette who quickly averted his gaze.

Taehyung felt awkward, not expecting Jungkook to speak to him.

"Good morning, Tae."

In a quick snap of the head, Taehyung looked at Jungkook with wide eyes. He saw the ravenette smile at him before he started eating.

Taehyung gulped, feeling a lump on his throat. He stared at his best friend, realizing how he badly missed his voice.

"G-good morning." Taehyung greeted back.

He set his eyes on his plate with a blush creeping on his cheeks.

"Hurry up and eat, you don't want us to be late right?" Jungkook uttered, seeing the brunet staring at his food.

Taehyung blinked at this, eyes now staring at the ravenette across him.

"Uhm.. yeah." He murmured before starting to finish off the food on his plate.

In a short while, the two were already rushing out of the house with their backpacks on their shoulders. They hurriedly rode on the train going to their school, together just like before.

Taehyung sat next to Jungkook, who's as silent as ever. He could feel the awkward atmosphere between them again.

The ride going to school was about 15 minutes. Taehyung endured and pushed away the awkward feeling in his chest as he looked at the person sitting next to him.

He saw Jungkook with his eyes closed, head leaning on the window with his arms across his chest. He looked like he's asleep, which gave Taehyung the chance to stare at him.

The brunet found himself staring at the way Jungkook's chest slowly rise and fall from his calm breathing, travelling up to his face. He could see his long lashes beautifully adorning his closed eyes, down to his cute pointy nose, and even lower to his lips.

Taehyung blushed, remembering the memories those lips bring to his mind. He shook his head, not wanting to go back there. He felt Jungkook stir before slowly opening his eyes.

The brunet quickly turned his gaze away from him, not wanting to be caught ogling.

From his peripheral vision, he could see Jungkook look at him for a short while before closing his eyes again.

"Wake me when we get there."

Taehyung heard him say in a low sleepy voice that sounded so sexy to his ears.