george weasley : and george

(Y/N) wondered quietly out of the room she was currently sharing with Ginny. Although she had come to the Burrow to spend the Holiday with her boyfriend George, Molly hadn't wanted them to stay in the same room. (Y/N) didn't mind though, Ginny was good company and had enough room for the two of them.

It was nearly two am and as far as (Y/N) knew she was the only person still awake. She found herself craving a late night drink or something in order to get her to sleep.

"Well good morning." Said a familiar voice from behind her as she entered the kitchen. George chuckled lightly as (Y/N) jumped to the sound of his voice. "Relax love, mum hasn't caught you sneaking down for a bit of fire whiskey." He jokes, snaking his arms around her waist.

"You startled me, I thought I was the only one still awake." (Y/N) told him, turning in his arms to give him a peck on the cheek. "And I will not be stealing your parents fire whiskey." She scolded her boyfriend, grabbing juice from the fridge as George grabbed them both cups from a cupboard she couldn't reach.

George laughed, setting the glasses down and taking a seat next to (Y/N). "Why couldn't you sleep?" He asked her, skimming his fingers over her arm.

(Y/N) took a long sip of her juice and shrugged, "I just wasn't tired." She told him, truth was she didn't know why she couldn't fall asleep but she was growing frustrated after hours of tossing and turning in her bed.

George gave her a soft hum, his fingers still drawing small shapes on her skin. He smirked when she shivered under his touch, "It's good to finally get you alone." George commented, "I feel like I haven't really seen you."

There was something in George's voice that threw (Y/N) off, but she knew if there was something bugging him George would bring it up. She didn't have anything to say in response to George's statement. Sure they didn't get nearly as much alone time as both of them wanted, but it wasn't like (Y/N) minded.

"I'm sorry," George started, "I know my family is a lot to handle and that we have to resort to late night chats to be alone." He told her, eyes lowering to his class that was now clenched around his glass. There was a sad and guilty look spread across George's face. "I know what the lack of privacy isn't what you probably envisioned when I asked you to come home with me."

(Y/N) laid her head on his shoulder, "I don't mind." She told him softly, attempting to put to rest whatever negative thoughts were running through his mind.

"Really?" George asked her, turning to place a kiss on her temple.

"Yeah it's rather homey." (Y/N) told him, she loved the feeling that the Weasley home had. It was much more welcoming and loving than her own home. "I think it's nice you have a nice family, there a lot of love to go around."

George nodded in agreement, "That's true." He smiled briefly at all the craziness that embodied his family. "Would you want a big family?" George asked, lifting the drink once again as he asked the loaded question. He and (Y/N) hadn't even been together over a year, so discussing what they each wanted in a family seemed a bit daunting.

(Y/N) thought for a minute. "I definitely wouldn't mind." She told him, "Growing up without siblings sucked you know? Maybe not a whole Quiddtich team but definitely more than two." (Y/N) explained, intertwining her hands with George's free one.

George hummed in response. He had never really noticed just how different his and (Y/N)'s up bringing a had been. She had grown up in a huge and extravagant home but with no siblings to grow up with. While he had his litter of siblings who shared rooms and went year to year with hand me downs. It was a wonder they had come together.

"What about you?" (Y/N) asked, "Would you like to replicate this?" She said, gesturing to his home.

"You know I've always thought that when I had kids it wouldn't be more than three, at the very most." He told her, his eyes still fixed on the glass in his free hand.

"Really?" (Y/N) said with surprise. She had always pictured George with a bunch of kids running around. George teaching his kids to play Quidditch, sending his naturally born prankster to Hogwarts with a box of inventions to use and carrying all of them in his arms around the house.

George shrugged, "Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong I love my family and I wouldn't change them for the world." He told her, feeling as if his words might have come across wrong. "It's just easy to feel a little lost and forgotten when there's that many kids, especially when you're always paired with someone else."

George had always felt as if he was an after thought in his family. He supposed he really was the middle child of the family, even when it came to he and Fred. That's why they were called 'Fred and George' it was always 'and George' in his life.

"I guess I never saw it that way, I'm sorry George." (Y/N) apologized. She hated to think that George ever felt as if he was forgotten.

He hummed. "That's why Fred and I started pulling pranks you know." George divulged, it had always been a secret. "To get mom and dads attention." When Fred and George had been younger they had fallen in love with pulling pranks because it finally earned them some kind of attention, seeing as they were always behind Perfect Prefect Percy. "I mean they try, mom and dad love us all but there's only so time and attention they have." George continued, the conversation still feeling heavy.

(Y/N) turned and nuzzled her face closer to him. "I'm sorry George." Was the best she could really come up with. She squeezed his hand in hers. "You're never forgotten with me you know." It was a statement that she felt he needed to hear right now, as he poured his heart out to her.

George smiled at her comment. "Thank you." His voice was softer than what (Y/N) was used to hearing.

(Y/N) swallowed lightly, "Hey George?" She asked him, her voice now slightly on edge.

"Yes?"

She laid her head in her arms against the table, staring up at George. The freckles that littered his face and ginger hair was highlighted under the light of the moon coming in through the window and the single lamp that was lit in the corner. Sometimes (Y/N) just started at George, truth be told she often found it hard how he seemed to attractive.

(Y/N) turned to hide her face for a moment, "I love you." She told him quietly, her voice so quiet that if it had been any other time of the day he wouldn't have heard her.

George smiled, laying his head in the table next to hers. "I wanted to say it first." He joked, poking her arms in attempt to get her to reveal her face to him. "I love you too." George repeated, in his own hushed tone.

(Y/N) lifted her head from her arms, laying her head closer to George's. "I guess it's a good thing we both couldn't sleep right?" She laughed lightly, her stomach full of butterflies.

George wrapped his arms around her frame, "That's very true." He agreed, placing his lips on hers in the moon light.

~~~~~
a/n
word count: 1311

this was cute afffff