-24-

-Omniscient-College Year 2/4

-Omniscient-
College Year 2/4

"Loosen up, stop worrying about what happened between you and Abrianna," Zavon said to Jaelyn as she gazed out the window.

She didn't respond to him.

"Jae!" He shouted to get her attention.

"What?" She turned to face him.

"You don't hear me talkin to you?"

"What did you say? I didn't hear what you said," she says.

"Never mind," he shook his head.

"Zavon, where are we going?" Jaelyn asked him once she realized they was on some typa highway.

"It's a surprise. Just trust me," he told her calmly.

Trust? Jaelyn thought.

"I don't trust you at all tho," she told him.

Zavon looked over at her. "Bro, how could you not trust ya best friend? That don't make no sense."

She shrugged.

"Well, seems like you do trust me cause you wouldn't have gotten in the car with me in the first place," Zavon says.

He's probably right but I don't wanna trust nobody else. She thought to herself.

"Whatever. Just leave me alone."

"Listen, don't tell me to leave you alone cause last time you told me that, I didn't speak to you after a year and some months later," Zavon almost seemed as if he was mad at the 3 word phrase.

"Damn, it was never that deep," Jaelyn said while giving him a look.

"Doesn't matter."

The car ride the rest of the way was silent.

When they arrived, Jaelyn was half asleep.

"Jae, get the fuck up," Zavon slapped her arm gently.

She opened her eyes and immediately started to look around.

"Where we at?" She asked as her voice came off soft and low.

"Come out and you'll see," he said to her as he rummaged through the car for his wallet.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and slowly got out the car.

All she seen was that they were parked somewhere she couldn't really recognize.

"I don't get it, where are we?" She looked at Zavon who was too busy unplugging his phone and retrieving his keys out the ignition.

Before he answered her question, he closed his car door and locked it.

"We at my moms crib," they were in a driveway in some neighborhood Jaelyn never knew existed.

"Why is we at yo moms? And didn't she live in the apartment building across from mine?"