The transfer student

Everything at Hogwarts had seemed to go back to normal. The girls were heartbroken again that Tom and Katherine were back together. Ophelia, Black, Lestrange, Abraxas were becoming less and less gloomy and returning to their normal states.

Katherine and Ophelia sat in the library, Katherine was trying to study but Ophelia decided that it was the best time to have a conversation.

"SOOO hoowwwsss liiiffffe?" Ophelia asked.

"Fine." Katherine replied, not looking up from her book.

"That's nice, that's nice.... I have a theory." Ophelia said.

This should be good.

Katherine closed her book and looked at Ophelia. "And what would that theory be?"

"Have you noticed that Lestrange and Tom have been spending a lot of time together?"

Katherine sighed "They are no-"

"But I saw them yesterday!" Ophelia cut in.

"What do you mean, you saw them?" Katherine asked.

"I walked into the common room and saw Lestrange all up on Tom against the wall. " Ophelia informed.

"Yeah right." Katherine said.

"Fine, don't believe me. It was just a theory."

It can't be true... Right?

***

Katherine sat next to Tom in potions. Abraxas walked up to their table "I don't understand step six, could you show me?"

"Yeah sur-" Katherine began.

"No." Tom snapped. "Go away."
Abraxas scurried away.

Lestrange walked up to their table "I really don't understand anything, mind showing me how to do it."

"I don't mind but Tom here do-" Katherine started.

"No I don't mind." Tom said. He showed Lestrange how to make the potion. Tom turned around and saw Katherine staring at him oddly.
"What?"

Katherine looked back to the potion "nothing."

There's no way.

***

Katherine walked down the hallway but immediately stopped when she heard a loud thump behind a classroom door. Katherine curiously opened the door and froze in shock at the sight. There, on the floor, one on top of the other, lye Tom and Lestrange.
They snapped their heads in her direction.

Katherine stumbled back "I'm so sorry." She said and closed the door.
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." She whispered to herself all the way back to the common room.

Katherine swung the door open. Ophelia nearly fell out of her chair. "What's wrong?"

Katherine took a seat next to Ophelia and rested her head on her shoulder. "Your theory turned out to be more than just a theory."

"Whaaaat, for realz? Wow..." Was all that Ophelia could say. A moment of silence went by until Ophelia decided to speak again. "What are you going to do?"

"I am not a judgemental person, if Tom wants to be with Lestrange then so be it! I respect him." Katherine said.

"You're being really grown up about this."

Katherine stood up and walked out of the common room to go find Tom. She went back to the classroom where she had seen him last. Tom and Lestrange were in the hallway.