xix. TOO LATE

TOO LATE!( the mind flayer part 1 )

TOO LATE!
( the mind flayer part 1 )

Ben, Mike, Joyce, Bob, and Will were back in Will's room waiting patiently. Ben was leaning his head on Mike's shoulder, growing exhausted. Ben lifted his head up as he heard Will sniffle.

"I'm sorry," Will stuttered, letting out a sob. Mike looked up at Will as well, confused. "What? What do you mean, sweetie?" Joyce asked her son, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Will started breathing heavily as he looked to his mother, "He made me do it," he said, his voice wavering in fear and regret. Mike looked down in thought. "Who? Who made you do what?" Joyce continued to question, confusion and concern lacing her tone. "I told you. They upset him. They shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have upset him," Will sobbed.

Mike's eyes widened as he looked at his best friend, "The spy," he answered a question everyone was thinking. "The spy!" Mike yelled once more before he stood up and ran out of the room, Ben got up and ran after him after glancing at Will before he did. Mike ran through the hallway and up to the guards who stopped him immediately. "Woah, woah, woah!" The guards grabbed Mike by the arms to prevent him from going further.

"I need to get through! It's a trap!" Mike screamed at the guards as he tried to yank his arms from their strong grip. Ben attempted to grab Mike from the guards, but the guards pushed him to the side. Bob ran up and wrapped his arms around Mike, pulling him back, "It's a trap! I need to warn them. It's a trap!"

Ben ran a hand through his hair, his wide eyes flickering between Mike and the guards. Seeing Mike so worried and freaked out about something started to freak him out. Bob held Mike to the wall, keeping him from fighting the guards.

Suddenly the alarm started blaring, the loud noise making Ben jump. "What the hell?" Bob questioned aloud. Mike turned to Bob, "We're too late."

"What?"

"We're too late!" Mike screamed, pushing out of Bob's hold and grabbing Ben's clammy hand as he bolted down to Will's room, eyes wide and frantic.

"What's going on?" Joyce asked as the three boys made it back to Will's room. "We're under attack," Mike informed the older woman, gripping Ben's hand tightly, not even caring if anyone saw. Mike went over to pick up a syringe, dragging Ben along with him since he wouldn't let go of his hand.

"We need to make Will sleep," Mike stated, holding up the syringe. "What?" Joyce questioned, not understanding what was even happening. "He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster," Mike continued. Will, shook his head angrily, growing defensive, "He's lying!"