Fox 7

(I've been poking at this for a month lol. Still feel like crap but Fox doesn't care. He was still complaining to be written. Hopefully the new set of meds do better than the last. Even left my notes up on this chapter before realizing it and deleting them lol)

The inside of the building was ridiculously large. Whoever had designed it didn't hesitate to open the bottom floor up. Windows stretched across the front in even lines while smaller ones dotted the left side and back wall.

Oh don't tell me I found myself with a CEO or something stupid like that. I don't need that kind of cliche in my life.

"Good morning, Clara," Noah said as he walked all the way across the massive lobby and over to a large desk that spanned multiple people.

Is this a DMV? I remember taking shelter in one during a pretty nasty storm, but there aren't many lines. I remember lines and lines of people, even during the heavy rain.

"You coming, Fox?" Noah called out as he turned toward where he still stood only a few steps inside of the automatic doors.

Oh, right.

Catching up in a few moments, Fox stopped right before the threshold to the elevator where Noah watched him from inside.

"What's wrong, Fox? You've never been in an elevator before?" he asked, seemingly surprised.

Sitting down, Fox flicked his left ear and twitched his nose.

When another man stepped into the elevator, Noah stepped out, letting them go on their way as he knelt in front of Fox.

"Would it help if I carried you? I know that you don't like it but unless you want to walk up thirteen flights of stairs, we have to take the elevator."

Stairs it is!

Fox turned in a circle twice before locating the sign above a solid metal door at the other end of the building. Without a moment's hesitation he bounded across the white and grey tiled floor and up to the door. When Noah just stared at him in shock, he pawed at it.

"You're going to make me climb thirteen flights of stairs?" Noah asked in disbelief as he stopped in front of Fox and hesitantly pushed open the heavy door.

It was cool in the stairwell as they stepped through. Fox was actually looking forward to the exercise. It had been quite a bit since he'd actually gotten his heart pumping, which wasn't good for an omnivore that had to hunt for some of his meals.

Up we go!

Without bothering to wait, he bolted up the first four sets of stairs as if they were nothing, then flicked the tip of his tail as he took in a content breath and looked behind himself.

Where's Noah?

"I'm so out of shape."

The words Noah grumbled came from the third floor landing... Fox couldn't even see him until he looked through the railing and downward.

You sir, need to exercise more.

"Don't give me that look. I know I'm pathetic," Noah said as he ground his teeth and quickly forced himself up the next set of of stairs until he was standing next to Fox, leaning against the railing.

"Can we really not use the elevator? I swear it's not that bad," he said as Fox started up the next flight of stairs, turning back to glance at him only once he'd gotten to the halfway landing.

You can just go use it. I'm not stopping you. I can even count to thirteen and read the numbers above the doors. I won't get lost.

"I know that you aren't stupid and can probably get up there without my help, but I can't just let you run around in here on your own," Noah said as he made himself continue onward and upward.