15: pinky promise

Over the course of a few weeks, Cory and Topanga managed to rekindle their love just in time before prom. The big night of their lives, a night that they would remember forever. With prom approaching around the corner, Heather had been frantic finishing sewing her's and Topanga's prom dresses. From the moment Heather could draw she knew she wanted to make her own prom dress, and she couldn't believe the day was approaching soon.

     As Heather rummaged through her sewing room searching for extra fabric, she heard the door creak open and popped her head up. She was welcomed by the sight of Topanga who wanted to get a sneak peak of her awaited prom dress. "You look like you haven't slept in days," Topanga commented once she saw Heather carrying yards of random fabrics towards the sewing machine.

    "I kinda underestimated how long it would take to make the perfect dresses," Heather replied as she placed the fabrics on the table and caught her breath. She grabbed a measuring tape from the desk, and begun to take Topanga's measurements so ensure that her dress will fit her snug. While Topanga was standing still, she scanned around the room noticing a clothing rack with the hangers labelled on articles of clothing.

   The posters of iconic magazine covers and editorial looks that decorated Heather's designer room made Topanga realize just how passionate Heather was about fashion. "What book is that," Topanga inquired. She pointed to the black folder lying on the table.

   Heather looked over and stopped measuring Topanga. "My art portfolio for college applications," Heather replied as she picked it up, flipping through it. "Applications?" Topanga repeated, emphasizing on the plurality.

   "Obviously I applied to PennBrooke, but fashion is my passion and PennBrooke doesn't have the best fashion program," Heather stated. Her pending future in fashion kept her up at night knowing that it would have a negative effect on her relationship with Shawn. Their future together was uncertain, and they hadn't discussed it together. Heather was unsure if Shawn was even going to college.

    "My dream school is Parsons," Heather added. "It's in New York, right," Topanga asked. "Yeah, and highly competitive. I probably won't get in," Heather commented. Topanga sighed heavily, knowing she was in the same boat. While she and Cory were broken up, she had applied to Yale.

    "I applied to Yale, and I don't know what I'm gonna do if I get in," Topanga confessed. Heather's eyes lit up as she walked closer to Topanga. "Well, you're obviously going, it's Yale. I heard it's kind of a big deal," Heather said as if it weren't so obvious.

   "And if you get into Parsons, you'll hop onto the first flight to New York?" Topanga rebutted back at Heather as if it wasn't a big decision to make. "I finally came back to Philly after 5 years, I'm in love and dating my childhood crush, I can't just leave again..."

   "Cory's the love of life and we just got back together..." Topanga joined. They both laid on the floor overwhelmed by planning their future.

   "Prom is next week, so I say let's put this college thing behind us until then," Heather proposed. Topanga looked over at Heather and brought up her pinky finger. Heather intertwined her pinky finger around Topanga's and promised each other to take it easy.

a/n: a bit of a filler chapter. i have so many ideas for season 6 so i'm trying to wrap up season 5 since it feels kind of dragged out but let me know what you think!