Chapter 40: Tired

Lisa run scooting back at the entrance where she left Jisoo and Chaeyoung. But surprised not seeing her sister with the blonde.

"Chae"

Lisa called the girl's attention, while the latter is busy talking to her phone. The girl quickly lookup, and saw Lisa approaching her.

Full of worries. "Jennie, where did she go?"

The tall girl asked in a hurry, holding the blonde on both shoulders. "Why are you looking for her? Are you going to chase her? and leave your girlfriend there? Lisa, Jennie is always been like that, I'm her friend but this isn't right. Wake up, don't do this to Jieun eonni, she didn't do anything wrong to both of you why are you hurting her?!"

Chaeyoung finally burst out, feeling emotionally affected by the events that have been happening to her friends. And with the short amount of time she got to spend with Jieun, she develops a soft spot for the older one. And knowing Jennie for God knows how long, she knew Jennie's possessiveness over Lisa is showing again.

So, if she had to make a choice, who she wanted Lisa to be with it's not gonna be her friend.

Lisa's brows furrowed. But when she realized Chaeyoung's concern about her girlfriend she couldn't help but flash a half-smile of contentment.

"I'm not gonna hurt her. She's the one who asked me to follow and talk to Jennie, Chae. I don't want to leave her there, if only you knew how hard it is for me to do that, but she was determined. She's giving me her trust, that I'll be back. And that's what I'm gonna do. So I need to see Jennie and talk to her."

Lisa explained. Chaeyoung's eyes widened and heave a sigh of relief holding her chest. Then she looks down at her phone and brought it back to her ears.

"Jisooyah, where are you? Lisa wants to talk to Jennie eonni, tell me where are you at, now.", Chaeyoung told to her girlfriend on the phone with authority.

"Ok, ok I got it. Don't lose her sight."

Chaeyoung keeps nodding at the phone, while looking at been who's been tensing and kept looking back where she left her girlfriend.

After dropping the call she grabs Lisa's arm drawing her attention back to her. "I'll keep her company, I'll stay here with her. Go and talk to Jennie, Jisoo told me she's heading back to Cheongdam-dong, back to her building. Jisoo's following her. You should go now."

Chaeyoung told Lisa with urgency, the latter nods and was about to leave when she stopped and faces her childhood friend. "Chaeyoungah, thank you so much. Please stay with her, I'll be back, no matter what happens." Lisa muttered with seriousness.

And the blonde girl, nod with understanding. Beaming at the tall girl, before Lisa hastily run to the elevator and down to the basement where her cars are.

-------

At Kim Luxury Corp Building

A fuming petite girl, pacing with heavy steps heads to her office, ignoring all office staff that greeted her.

Until she arrives at her enormous office, designed with a mix of contemporary and medieval interior, screaming the luxurious jewelry business of the Kims. The small girl pushed open the door, a bit harsh indicating that she wouldn't entertain any appointment on that day, as her secretary have noticed the moment she passes by at her counter table without greeting her.

But as soon as she gets inside, a man wearing a suit and tie, his hair all brushed up neatly was already waiting at her at the couch area.

"Jen"

The guy muttered, as he returns to his feet immediately after seeing the girl she's waiting for.

Jennie's brows furrowed. Not having the mood to face and especially talk to anyone right at the moment. She stops and crossed her arms. "Aren't you supposed to leave me alone?", the girl questioned viciously which causes the guy to look pained.