Chapter 31

Hey guys! So I wrote/edited this chapter completely exhausted so I'm sorry if it's kind of crummy!

Please comment, vote, and follow! 

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 31

       I sat on the edge of his bed for what felt like hours, staring at the shiny glittery Tinkerbell wings on the floor I had torn off my shirt. I kept my hands clasped firmly together in my lap. I didn't know what else to do.

       I stayed in there for a while, even after the sounds of crashing and breaking finally grew silent. I wasn't sure if Rex wanted me to stay in there the whole night and wait for him to come talk—or if he wanted to see me at all. But I didn't want to leave him out there all alone, especially with his lip busted like that.

       When I finally did gain the courage to stand off the bed and creep over to the door, my heart was pounding viciously in my chest. I creaked the hardwood slowly open and stuck my head just barely into the living room to look at the damage.

       Books were scattered everywhere, glass cups shattered against the floor. The couch had been slammed back against the wall, and even the coffee table was flipped completely over. The only thing that seemed relatively safe was the TV on the wall.

       There was no sign of Rex, and as I stepped out into the living room, I realized all the destruction had steered completely clear of his bedroom door. I frowned as I stepped over a shattered glass cup and a torn-up Calculus textbook—not that I blamed him there. Calculus sucked.

       "Rex...?" I called softly into the silent apartment, my voice slicing through the leftover tension like a knife. A rustling sound to the right caught my attention, and I turned towards the dark, open doorway the noise came from.

       "Rex? Are you in here?" I asked quietly, though he didn't answer—not that I was really expecting him too. I reached shakily into the darkness and tried to find a light switch on the side of the wall.

       I didn't like the dark.

       Light filled the room, revealing a relatively clean kitchen with only a few dirty dishes in the sink on the right—and a slumped over Rex leaning heavily against the counter attached it. I bit my lip, my fingers wringing together nervously as I stepped closer. He didn't acknowledge me.

       "Rex?"

       Nothing. He didn't even raise his head.

       He was leaning back against the kitchen counter, his hands pressed against the hard surface behind him as that beautiful head stayed bowed to the floor. I walked slowly closer, careful not to make any sudden moves in case he started flipping the kitchen table over.

       "T'?"

       Nothing.

       I let out a small sigh and relaxed. If he wasn't going to snap at 'T', I doubted he was going to at all. I walked slowly over to the sink, and the paper towels hanging on the wall beside it. I grabbed some, wet them and turned back to the silent, defeated looking boy at my side.

       "Hey..." I started softly as I stepped as close to him as I could get. I lifted my free hand and touched his chin gently. His eyes flickered up at that, and the look there broke my heart. They were so- sad.

       "Let me help you."

       He glanced away, though his body relaxed back against the counter until he was leaning against it with his arms crossed in front of him.