•32•

You could say I'm pretty excited. Sam is making a fancy dinner tonight and I am invited over. Sams cooking is my favorite thing in the world, his food is melt in your mouth pay all your life savings for just one bite fantastic. What do I wear for this special occasion? My good leggings because those drive Tom mad and he can't do anything in front of his family. I like to play games.
My phone dings and I check it.
Daniel: okay you've ignored two texts now. I'm outside your house and I'm not leaving till you talk to me.
What the Fuck? I walk over to my window and look out. He's not kidding. He's fucking sitting out there waiting.
Let's get this over with.
I make my way downstairs and to the front door.
"Are you fucking psychotic?" I ask, shutting the door behind me.
"Well you wouldn't answer your texts!" He says.
"Because I don't want to talk to you! I don't was to see you! I want you to stay the hell away from me!" I say.
"Hear me out okay? My friends got in my head! I let them influence my opinion of you, and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry." He says and I laugh.
"If you actually cared about me, your opinion of me wouldn't have so easily shifted to seeing me as a failure and embarrassment. I don't need you Daniel. I don't want you. What I want is for you to leave."
"You don't mean that, you say you want me to leave but you don't" he says.
"No.. no I really do want you to leave" I nod. "Like right now"
"Elle, baby we were so good together" he says.
"No we weren't! I was constantly being put down and made to feel like I wasn't good enough." I say. "You need to leave."
"Elle.."
"Leave." I say firmly.
"Is there a problem here?" Tom asks, walking up to us.
Daniel wouldn't dare try to start drama with Tom. He knows Tom's fit and could take him out with one swift punch.
"I was just leaving" Daniel says. Knew it! He's a pussy.
"Yeah don't come back" Tom says to him.
"Y-yeah" Daniel nods, getting in his car and driving away.
"Thanks" I give Tom a small smile.
"Did he just show up?" He asks and I nod.
"What a desperate piece of shit" he mutters.
"But then my knight in shinning armor came to save me" I say and he smirks.
"I'd kiss you, but we're in broad daylight. We'll be caught" he says.
"Let's go to dinner silly" I say, walking across the street with him to his house.
"Your favorite has arrived!" I call as I walk in.
Tess runs up to me, greeting me before we walk into the dinning and kitchen area.
"Hey hun" Nikki smiles as she brings the plates over to the table.
"Oh let me help you with that" I say, going to grab the plates from the kitchen counter and bring them over.
"Parents couldn't join us?" Nikki asks.
"No, they're both working late tonight" I say.
"They work a lot huh?" She questions.
"Yeah, they have very demanding jobs" I shrug.
"Well you know you're always welcome over here right? Our dinner table is always open and our guest room is always empty" she says and I feel my heart swell. She's the sweetest woman ever.
"Thank you Nikki, that means a lot" I smile.
Tom watches our interaction with a smile on his face. He absolutely adores his mom, so us getting along so well must make him happy.
Harry walks in and I make my way over to him.
"Have you talked to Baylee?" I ask.
"No" he shakes his head and I sigh.
"Still mad at you?" He questions.
"Yeah.." I say.
My phone dings and I pull it out.
Tom: you're lucky my family is here, those leggings🤤
Elle: ew stop it you perv🤢🤮
He grins at me and Nikki calls everyone in for dinner.
"Okay. This is a new recipe so I can't guarantee that it will be good" Sam says.
"Sam, everything you make is the bomb" I say.
"How American of you to say" Tom teases and I roll my eyes.
I take a bite and oh Fuck. Better than sex. Well... okay. Just as good as sex. Eating this off Toms abs.. that's it. That's heaven.
"Tom who are you going to take to prom?" Harry asks.
"Actually.. I'm taking Elle" Tom smiles.
"Totally my moms fault.. she had told him how I've never gone to a prom before and how I'm the unlucky girl with no date so she practically guilted him into going with Me" I laugh.
"Oh come on, she didn't guilt me" Tom says.
"She wouldn't have to" Nikki mutters, but I ignore her comment. Does she know?
Dinner goes by quickly and we're all completely stuffed.
I go upstairs with Tom to 'hang out' he shuts his door and instantly connects his lips to mine.
"Why'd your mom say that?" I ask, breaking off the kiss.
"Say what?" He asks.
"She said you wouldn't have to be guilted to go with me, does she know something?" I ask.
"Well.. before everything, when you were with Daniel she easily figured out I was desperately in love with you and couldn't have you.." he says. "But then paddy saw us kissing in the kitchen so her, and paddy know, Harry practically knows but I haven't admitted it, and sams clueless as always"
"So what does she this about us?"
"I don't know.." he says. "I mean she's happy for us but we haven't really talked about it.
"When are we going to tell them all?" I ask.
"Full of questions aren't you" he laughs.
"Seriously Tom.. I know we don't want to hurt Haz but he's getting better, we're going back to normal!"
"If I'm honest, I'm nervous to tell everyone" he says.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because then the dynamic changes. It won't just be us, everyone will want a part in our relationship, they'll ask questions and interfere"
"Wouldn't it be nice not to hide? To hold hands in the hallway? To sneak a kiss and gross out your brothers? To be together and not have to act?" I say.
"I guess.. maybe it's time."