86-She

I look down and I can see one metal arrowhead sticking out of my chest, another is sticking out of my lower abdomen. The tips are covered in bright red blood. My bright red blood. I'm in shock, and I'm in pain, but I still have the wherewithal to pull my sword out slightly and angle it higher. And by angle it higher, I mean I shove it through my sister's fucking heart. I stumble away from Lilith, letting her fall to the ground. She doesn't move. A conversation from over a decade ago suddenly comes to mind.

"Where do you go for? When you..?" I ask Clint, motioning the moment of pulling an arrow back. Clint smiles at me, leaning back in his chair as he takes a sip of coffee. He's currently shirtless-especially since I'm the one who is wearing it.

"If I need to take them out immediately, I got for the heart. Instant kill. If they're really a shitty person all around-the lung and the stomach. I want them to suffer before they die." Clint responds and I nod, taking a sip of my own coffee.

I don't think I ever thought I'd find myself a victim of Clint. Not even with all of the bad things that had happened between us. I never thought he would be the one to kill me. I used to love you with my whole heart and look where it got me.

"Peyton!" Rhodey screams out as my body realizes that it is completely exhausted and spent. My knees buckle and I'm sent tumbling to the ground. Wanda's bright red energy stops me from completely falling, leaving me suspended in the air as she and the others rush to my side. I turn my head slightly and I can see Clint lowering his bow, eyes wide. Clearly, he's no longer under Lilith's control.  God, the pain-

"FRIDAY, scan her. Please." Rhodey commands, his face plate sliding up so he can look at me. My hand shakily moves to touch the tip of the bright red arrowhead in my chest, tears running down my face. Blood covers the tips of my fingers. It's real-completely real.

"The first arrow landed in her left lung, the second went through her stomach. She needs to be taken to the hospital immediately." The AI informs us as I cough hard, the taste of iron filling my mouth. I shake my head, looking at my teammates-my family. I know it's too late for me-I just know. Is this what Tony felt at the end? Just content with your death?

"We won't get there in time." I tell them hoarsely and honestly, tears rolling down my dirty face. My hand reaches out to grab ahold of Rhodey's hand. My remaining brotherly figure grips my hand, as if he's trying to tether me to this world. I'm sorry, Rhodes. I'm so sorry.

"We aren't going to let you die, Peyton." Bucky tells me, also moving to stand closer beside me. I turn my head to look at him, shaking my head slightly. You're so smitten with me, Barnes. I'm sorry I'm making you hurt more.

"You're not letting me do anything. I know I'm not going to make it. Barton never misses. I've been running from death from the beginning and it's time to maybe stop." I say softly, blood now covering my lips. I try to smile at him, tears pouring out of my eyes. Peter moves to stand beside Rhodey, tears rolling down his cheeks. Oh, kid. This poor fucking child.

"Mrs Stark-Rogers, you're going to be okay, okay? Just let us take you to the hospital, please. You'll be okay." The teenager's voice cracks and I turn my attention to him. I give him a watery smile. 

"I don't want to die in the hospital" I tell them hoarsely, struggling to breathe. Not like Steve. Your lung is filling up with blood, dummy. My hand reaches out to grab ahold of Rhodey's hand. My remaining brotherly figure is still holding onto my hand. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Doctor Strange appearing out of a shimmering portal. Bucky carefully lifts me up as Wanda's red power disappears. I shake my head as Bucky carries me through a portal.