Chapter 63: The End

"Wife?"

"..."

"Wifey?"

"..."

"Wiiiiiifeeeeeeee"

"What What What??"

In the same carriage.

In the same position as before.

Except, Shen Yi was now lying on his wife's lap pillow.

"Wife. I think you're pregnant."

"..."

"Wiiiiifeeeeeeee."

Su Chen was speechless.

She lifted the carriage curtains.

"Jun Qiang, your Master has gone delusiona-"

And Su Chen found herself being kissed.

She furiously blushed as she pushed him away.

Shen Yi laughed at his bashful kitten brandishing her claws.

"Wife. The story usually ends with the main character being pregnant.... Usually with twins."

Shen Yi nuzzled her neck when she smacked him.

"Doesn't an Alliance Head like you have more things to do than to harrass his wife?"

Shen Yi laughed heartily as he grabbed his wife, pulling her close to him, their foreheads touching.

He grinned.

"When have you ever seen me do work that is needed?"

Su Chen... was speechless.

She could not deny this.

He then lazily lounged backwards again.

"Plus, this position was foisted upon me. That doesn't mean all the sects in the jianghu would actually listen to me."

He pulled her to him, never having enough of their skinship. He was a clingy wolf who mated for life.

"So, my pregnant wife with twins."

(Su Chen rolled her eyes. No one in their family actually had twins before so where was he getting this idea from?)

"Or to be honest, it doesn't matter to me if you're pregnant, wife."

He snuggled her again.

"As long as you're with me."

Su Chen blushed again but did not avoid him.

She had made a decision and was one to stand by it.

"Wife, I love you."

I promise to make this life a fun one for us. I'll protect you. Trust me.

His eyes said all that he had not.

Su Chen smiled.

And finally said what she had always wanted to say, now with no shadow in her heart.

"I love you too."

--------------------
A/N: Happy Chinese New Year all!

I think this is the end. Let me apologise for all the plot holes and irregularities in this first novel of mine.

I had a rough plot outline but as the story moved along, it veered way off from what I imagined, which led to undeniable plot holes and inconsistencies. Rather than to veer too far, I hope that you guys will understand the focus was never on the peripheral world building but on Su Chen's walls breaking down for one loyal (but perverted) wolf.

But I want to thank those who had always been supporting me and encouraging me to finally reached the end of this novel. Thank you for your kind words and for your consistent faves.

I'll be focusing on Eliza's story for now.

Thank you once again.

Mi-yue