ix

in the eternity i wish to reside, i'm guided by winged figures with crooked teeth and champagne stained robes. they are pretty and pitiless. offering me honey tea and a lil' green bag of happiness. they seat me at a throne made of broken lovers bones and leave me to fly further than i ever have before. i'm surrounded by a sense of ease, despite the presence of the unknown .

they lead me to a water bank so i can float amongst the lillies and wait for the universe to swallow me whole. i lay there floating in the cool water for an eternity, but it never does.

and i'm bathing in ichor, living an endless life after death that seems exactly the same as the last, wondering what my purpose here amongst these morbid, beautiful gods is. when i'm approached by a mortal with pretty brown eyes. we lay on the waters bank in the soft neon grass while he writes me a song and i recite to him my forlorn poetry.
i'm filled with a sense of euphoria.

the winged devils want the boy gone, but i ask them politely to let me rest in the crook of his hips for an eternity. so i string a line of thread through black winged butterflies and set the garland on his head to keep him safe.

i'm feeling like a goddess as i chase my joint with milk tea and angels tears. i've got gold bands on my fingers and healed scars on my thighs. let me smoke my pain away while the rain falls; surrounded by moss covered trees and the daisies that sprout from the damp earth.