Rise and Shine

AISHA

"So here we are..." I start but see him staring at a distance without even acknowledging my words.

"Um...hey...penny for your thought?" I wave my hand before his face. After blinking a few times his face suddenly changes to a frown.
Can this guy say anything without frowning? Typical.
"What do you mean?"
"Seriously? Do you have amnesia or something? We just revealed that we are'dating' and you don't have anything else to say to that?"

Maybe I have to plan something as usual. God! I know lying is a sin but can you please wait for me to come to hell to punish me! I am stuck with this frowning, handsome -jerk face.Okay so when mom calls I just have to make them talk and see if she gets convinced. But what will he say? Shit I have to tell him about my family. 

"Listen tomorrow you will have to talk to my parents, at least Mom.She has to...like really has to like you so that Papa beleives the story too. She will definately get Aditi to talk about it. So I think Aditi will surely help in convincing her."Realization dawned upon me, I am a pathetic friend deceving my best friend to get out of a problem. 

All the things Rishi needs to know are just poping into my head all at once. He needs to know my parents' birthday,all things they dislike, he needs to stop frowning while talking to them and maybe I can teach him some romantic things to say from some books...After or The falut in our stars? What to refer, Internet? 

For a moment I look up at him and see him staring right back at me not with a frown this time but...amusement in his eyes and a smirk playing on his delicious lips. Wait.Did I just call his lips delicious! Get your head out of the gutter Aisha!

"What? What are you looking at?" I ask him in an unsure tone.

Maybe there is something on my face? I touch my bottom lip for a moment but can't feel any food stuck there. 

Damn! He is still staring at me. His stare was intense as if he was lost in his thought and his sight stuck on my face.
Suddenly his hand went near my cheek and he tuck a lock of hair behind my ear. 

He is so close to me. Surely my skin is burning by his touch. The look in his eyes was so new. I think my heart stopped beating and the silence around us was different. What the hell is happening? My brain could just scream that, but somewhere deep in my heart there was a voice saying- 'Whatever it is I like it'

"Rishi..." I could hear his name slipping out of my mouth in a whisper. 

He clenched his jaw.
"Good night." his voice came out huskier than usual.With that he just walked by me and i heard the click of his apartment door getting locked. 
Wtf was that? I turn around to look at his closed door. 

Obviously he went in just like that. What the hell does he think of himself?
Turning around to walk in my apartment I spot Aditi leaning at our door frame with a smirk playing on her face.
"You..."
Before I could complete Aditi dragged me inside our shared house with,
" Saw you both." she completely.
"Oh..." thats what I said. So he had seen Aditi there. That was all an act. Good actor.
He was perfect as in the role but then...why do I feel a bit disappointed.

----------------
SHIT!  Thats the word to describe my life. Plain and simple.
Its 9:30 am and my mom has started with the 'video call'.

I can't understand the obsession of  mothers with 'video call'. Can't for once you trust your own daughter, your own leash and blood.

The thing that ticks me off is that she doesn't seem to understand that if I am rejecting her call, it clearly means I don't want to talk to her.
Once again her face flashes on my phone screen. Get you act together, Aisha.
With that I rush out of my flat banging on my neighbor's door.
Avi is standing at the door with his sweat shirt on and shorts. Rubbing his eyes he wishes me morning with a yawn. 

With a short smile I walk past him and frantically look for the jerk around. Walking to one of the shut doors I hear Avi, "The door on the left. But better not wake him...."  I have already entered the said room.

Its dark and I can hardly figure out a body sprawled on the bed with black sheets and cover.
I clear my throat.
Nothing. No movement.
Maybe a little louder will work?
A little louder clearing of throat but still stillness surrounds me.
My phone vibrates once again and I don't need to check the dialer to know who it is- obviously my mother.

That's it. 

I walk/ stumble towards the balcony and draw open the curtains letting the room brighten up.

Turning around I see the 'jerk' shifting with a dissatisfied grunt escaping his mouth.

"What the hell! Turn the lights off!" His muffled voice fills the room and he pulls the cover even more over himself, completely hiding under the black sheets and pillow over his head.

"No. Rise and Shine!You have to get up it's emergency. Get your lazy ass up Mr."

"Ughh..." He takes off the pillow revealing his messed hair and bare shoulder. Oh How much I love to irritate this man! Shit! Is he naked? No that would be...

"Right! The first person I want to see in the morning!" Sitting up on his bed his cover falls revealing his well built torso and I instantly gulp.

How can someone look so sexy just the moment they wake up; in bad? Shit my cheeks are getting warm.

"Have you stared enough?" He speaks with a smirk playing on his lips. 

Turning away from the scene I start picking up the jeans in the floor. What the hell do I do?

"Shut up." No response. Going well Aisha!

"Mom is going to call and you need to be ready. How are you going to talk to her?" 

Folding his jeans and keeping it on the bed. I know he is still sitting on the exact same spot and definitely looking at me but I just can't face that Greek God structured body right now!

"Do you have any idea what are you going to talk to her? She has been calling me and wants to know all my stories of my 'love life' I mean what does she want to know? I really don't get it? God! Will she even believe that we are in love? If not. Then What? Shit my life is at the dead end. I know I am rambling now but....."

 I face towards the bed keeping the now folded shirt on the bed and spot Rishi right in front of me. He is just staring at me. His eyes travel from my face to my body and quickly it is back on my face but this time its not just a simple stare, its mixed with something....Has his eye turned a shade darker?

Then it hit me, that I was just in my black lacy night and a sleeveless top. Idiot me!

*******