Chapter Twenty-Three

I blinked suddenly when Jeremy had me shoved to the side; he wasn't sure who to protect me from. Damon still dead at our feet. I had accidently stepped on him. Kol had seen it and smirked.

"What do you want?" Stefan snarled, he was already in front of Jeremy and I. Caroline came to stand beside me, but Jeremy must have given her a look. She backed up, moving to stand beside Elena. I mouthed a quick 'sorry' and she mouthed 'it's ok'. Jeremy had yet to tell me when he had almost killed Caroline.

I watched as Kol's eyes were on me, he tilted his head in thought.

"Well?" Stefan demanded.

Kol ignored him, it was like he enjoyed watching people get worked up.

"Kol." I said. He sighed.

"Well, I was minding my own business, until Nik blabbered on about hunters and Gilberts."

"Klaus knows?" Elena asked. she sounded worried, I glanced at her, her eyes were flicking between Damon and Kol. Kol didn't answer. I rose a brow at him, and he sighed again.

"Yes." Kol didn't bother to even look at my sister. Jeremy was tense, I could feel this darkness creeping inside him. I went to take his hand, but he pulled away. My face crumpled a little. He never pulled away from me. I turned to see Kol glare at Jeremy for a second before his brown eyes returned to me.

"Why are you here Kol?" I asked. he didn't seem to be answering anyone else.

"I gave you my word that no harm would come to you. I am just ensuring that happens."

"From Klaus?" I guessed.

"Do you know anyone else paranoid enough, darling?"

I shook my head and he just smiled.

"I also don't come alone."

"Rebekah?" I asked a little hopeful. He shook his head before Elijah stepped out. I beamed up at him. "Elijah!" I sang happily.

Kol scowled at me. Elijah cut off the next words that were about to come out of his mouth.

"Hello Jordan. Hello everyone. What have I missed?" He asked, looking around at everyone. I grinned.

"Have you got time?"

After talking with Kol and Elijah about certain things, they seemed to give each other a look before turning back to us

After talking with Kol and Elijah about certain things, they seemed to give each other a look before turning back to us. Jeremy refused to let me touch him, it hurt, the rejection from him. I had sat down on the couch. Stefan had dragged Damon's body out of the room. Elena was sitting on the other couch, giving me a glare from time to time. I guess me siphoning her boyfriend made her mad. It also didn't help that I was now telling Elijah and Kol about what was wrong with me. Jeremy had sat on the table, still close enough to be able to protect me but far enough that I couldn't reach him and Siphon the darkness away. I fished my phone out, seeing a message from Kol.