|| F O U R T Y- E I G H T ||

I knew I was sleeping.

Not because I closed my eyes, but because of these dreams I kept on having.

Every time I close my eyes, I felt like I was killing myself.

There's a voice reminding me to wake up, but I can't.

I'm sorry I can't.

I still can't.

...

Four days passed and there is still no sign of Iseiah's awakening. Alec was getting impatient and nervous every time he sees the sleeping face of his wife.

Why isn't she waking up?

"Are you too annoyed at me? Is that why you won't wake up?" He asked remorsefully, he knew he should have treated her better.

But he can't, he's a man of few words and can't really say a lot of flowery words on her.

"I promise I'll get you flowers every single day" he said as he hook his pinky finger on her. "I promise"

He traveled his sight towards the blue liquid potion that the red witch brew a few days before. It wasn't working out for her so why would she still be drinking this.

Did that red witch lied to me?

In just four days time, his face was a lot more haggard and he seemed to lose a bit if weight. It's because every time that is wasted here on just seeing her sleep is a waste of her life.

He still remember the first time they met, how her fearful eyes finally met his and how he kissed he deeply.

At first, he was just intrigued at his wife's new temperament. He knew that she was acting too different from her past self.

But he got too intrigued and suddenly, he was caught in a hook.

He was hooked by her wit, how she love to flatter him when he's angry or acting coy towards him whenever she need something from him.

Everything she do hooked his interest and soon, his eyes were always following her figure. He was constantly looking for her shadow in the estate.

He love their little moments, and he can't imagine not having her in his life again.

Creak.

He was on high alert again and immediately stood in front of his wife. It was no other than the red witch, with a sour look on her face as she clicked her tongue in front of me.

"Why is she still asleep? I thought you cured her" his accusing voice made the red witch flared up.

"It's complicated okay?! She's from another soul! And the soul she's about to get is from a different one too!"

His eyes narrowed on her words and asked her once more.

"What do you mean?"

"You know who cursed her right?" He nodded as the red witch clap her hands "Well then, convince that girl to let her real name pass on her lips, that's the only way for the curse to break"

"Then why didn't you tell me before?" Enraged, he smack the wooden table until it fell into pieces.

"I forgot okay? Tch, too violent" the red witch murmured as saw the man step out of her house.

"I need to go now"

The red witch just sigh and snap her finger, once again, Alec was faced with his tired soldier's faces and they immediately stood up upon seeing their lord.

Their dim eyes turned bright once they see their master and gathered together.

The look on their master's face show how grave this mission will be. They may not live to another day but they already promised their life towards their lord.

"We will go out for a hunt"

His words sent shivers to his men but they all knew the underlying meaning on their Lord's words.

They will shed a lot of blood.

***
Another short one, hope you can wait for the ending, it'll be soon!

Anywayssss, thank you so so so much for the votes and the comments! I adore you from the bottom of my heart!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!