↬ seven

SEVEN 

sorry i didn't update 🥺
it's only been a month and a day tho 🤩

JOHNNY ORLANDO'S POV
✩✰༄

I waited for Lauren to get dressed and come outside- only because I was clueless as to where their practice happened.

Finally she emerged from the washroom, dressed in her cheerleading outfit- only it wasn't Lauren.

"You aren't Lauren.." I grumbled.

"But you're still happy to see me," Mackenzie grinned.

"Yeah, it's not like I was planning to cut you out of my life," I muttered. "You and I both know you wouldn't. And besides, Lauren already told me how you were being obstinate and a crappy piece of shit. Her words, not mine."

I rolled my eyes, already being able to imagine Lauren ranting about me.

"Well, good to know y'all talk about me."

"You and I both know everyone in this school talks about you. And your scene in the parking lot today didn't do much to stop it. By the way, it was great- the way you drove off on Mads. The look on her face was priceless," Mackenzie rambled.

"God, do you stop talking? And it seems like someone's stalking me," I said, raising a brow.

"Guilty. Anyways, what're you doing here?" She asked me, smiling. "Are you always this chirpy?" She shrugged, and indicated for me to answer her question. "Oh, um Lauren forgot to tell me she had cheerleading practice so I'm being forced to wait here until she's done." I made a face in the direction of the changing rooms where Lauren was yet to emerge from.

"So you're sitting through cheerleading practice?" Mackenzie asked me, raising her eyebrows.

"Literally what I just said," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Jeez, are you on your man period?"

"Shut up."

"Woah! Comeback of the century award goes to Johnny Orlando!" Mackenzie announced, clapping gleefully.

I made a face at her, before directing my eyes to my phone. "Woah, that's rude. You don't look at your phone while you talk to someone," she reprimanded.

I stared at her, with what I hoped was an incredulous look. "Okay, look Mackenzie. That date or whatever it was didn't mean anything to me. Lauren asked me not to play her friends, and when I took you out, I was just doing that to piss her off. I'm telling you this now, so you don't go crying to her later," I bluntly said.

I expected Mackenzie's lip to quiver, and maybe a few tears to slip out, but instead she threw her head back and laughed. Okay, so I was a little embarrassed. Then I remembered her antics earlier, and I kicked myself for assuming she was one of those girls.

"Orlando boy, I already told you. I don't want a relationship. I just want a friend. And you, my dear, are just right for that role," she tilted her head, grinning.

"You can't force someone to be your friend," I muttered, wringing my hands together.

"Well, too bad. I'll just keep bugging you. We're officially best friends, and you can't do anything to change that," Mackenzie announced pointedly.

"Mackenzie," I began, but stopped when she tsked me. "It's Kenzie to you."

"I- Fine, Kenzie. Lauren isn't going to be too happy about me taking her role in your life," I said, squinting my eyes shut. This girl sure knew how to give someone a headache.

"She'll survive. So bestie, have fun sitting through cheerleading practice. I'll see you afterwards," she winked, before turning around.

"Eyes up here," she called out, not bothering to turn around.

"My eyes were up there," I retorted, feeling my face warm up.

"My ass they were."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
AUTHORS NOTE
long time no see

[ 619 words ]