Chapter 21

"I think I should go," Luke replies solemnly

"No Luke, you don't have to -" I begin but get cut off. He had been cutting me off a lot lately.

"No Emily, I should go. Aiden is still in your bed and I should go," Luke replies, almost like he's begging me to allow him to leave.

I nod sadly, stepping out of the way so he can leave. He looks at me glumly before he continues walking.

I watch him leave and then fall on to the couch dramatically. I put my hands over my face, wishing more than anything that these last 48 hours never happened and I had been playing X-box with Elijah rather than losing friends and developing feelings for bad boy players that would do nothing but break me even more in the end.

I close my eyes and sigh before said bad boy decides to reveal himself.

"Collins? You okay?" Aiden asks, although my eyes a closed I can feel his intoxicating presence looking down at me, I could hear the smirk behind Aiden's curiosity.

"Not really," I admit, sighing dramatically.

"Wanna go back to the cliffs?" Aiden suggests I can sense the nervousness in his voice and the gesture makes me smile.

"Yes please," I smile up at him, he smiles back.

"Let's go, I smile walking to the door and waiting excitedly. Aiden looks at me smirking,

"That's a shame, I thought you only wore nothing but an oversized shirt for me, not the whole world," Aiden smirks, gesturing to my outfit that had completely forgotten I was still wearing.

I blush a crimson red and rush upstairs to get changed, hearing his booming laugh from downstairs.

Aiden had gotten changed back into his clothes from yesterday much to my dismay considering he had covered up his delightful chest, but I had completely disregarded the fact that I was basically naked in front of him. I get changed into black skinny jeans and a loose grey shirt, loosely tucked in before I grab my superstar sneakers and throw on one of Justin's  jumpers. Justin was my ex that I had lost my virginity to, we had still stayed close though and I was forever grateful for him.

I throw my hair up in a messy bun, brush my teeth and grab my phone before walking back downstairs to find Aiden staring intently at a picture on the mantlepiece that usually went by unnoticed. I make an extra loud noise walking down the stairs to alert Aiden of my presence before he smiles at me and starts walking to his car, thankfully not saying anything about the photo of Elijah, Maddi, myself, my mother and my biological father a couple of days before Maddi got diagnosed. 

I lock up the house, wondering when my mother, Elijah, and Robert would get back home. I hadn't heard from them but I expected that was because they would be under the impression that I was still asleep, which I usually would be.