Chapter 6- Rewritten

Sang's P.O.V.

I'm about halfway to the cabin when my radio turns on all by itself. There's crackling and then a voice, clear as day.

        "See you soon, Sang... See you soon, Sang... See you soon.." I immediately try to turn off the radio and thankfully it goes off without any problems.

       I pull over on the side of the road to inspect the area. I leave the truck on so I can see, because the area is surrounded by trees. There's no animals, homes, or people around.

         "Shhh..."

          I immediately pull out my gun, but all I see are trees. Am I going crazy or am I just delirious from the long day I've had?

       No, I can feel it. Somebody is following me and trying to rile me up. I get back into my truck and drive off as fast as possible.

        I feel completely unsettled. I just need to get to the cabin as fast as possible. I speed the rest of the way there.

      I feel a bit better when I arrive at the cabin. I enter the cabin and turn on the lights before locking the house right back up.

        But I feel much more at peace now. This is where I come when I need to be on my own. I walk up the stairs to the bedroom. My phone suddenly buzzes and I look to see I have a text from Taylor.

Taylor: Did you make it there safe and sound?

Sang: I did. See you in a few days.

I grab some stuff to change into before collapsing onto the bed. And it's not long before I'm asleep.

I wake up early the next morning. As nice as it would be to sleep in, I have to train.

Everything is about to change and I have to be ready. Not only will I have to be at my best physically, but I need to be better mentally too. I hope Michael can help me with that part.

I get dressed in a tank top and shorts. It's almost August, so I know that I'll be sweating pretty much as soon as I step outside.

      I take a knife with me. I'm still feeling on edge after yesterday. I start with an hour long run deep into the woods. Every fifteen minutes, I stop to do some sit-ups and push-ups.

      When I get back to the house, I decide to do some target practice. I go into the drawer beside the bed and pull out my Desert Eagle Magnum. Then I rummage for some ammunition. However, there's a small wooden box that I've completely missed in the past.

        I open it without a second thought and inside is a singular bullet. It's definitely a revolver bullet. It looks like it's made out of gold and it has a blue tint to it. Strange symbols are engraved on the metal. Maybe it was supplied by our ballistics expert contact, Andrew.

     I put the bullet back before heading outside to the side of the house. I quickly set up my targets which are just bottles. The glass explodes with every shot. I never miss.

I continue through my day with other physical activities, obstacle courses, reading, meditation, and so on.

By the time the sun start going down, I'm exhausted. I take a shower before getting into bed. And like the night before I'm out like a light.

Early the next morning, knocking on the front door wakes me up. I sit straight up and grab my gun. The only two people who know I'm here wouldn't be knocking. And even then, they are giving me my space.