Chapter 12:Code Red

It was a Saturday morning. The Dreamies were in the kitchen and living room. Yeonmi and Jaemin were making breakfast for the entire house, while the other Dreamies were doing laundry. It wasn't terribly early; about 8:30.

Some members were still sleeping while others were doing work. Lucas soon joined the Dreamies downstairs to make himself a cup of coffee.

"Can you make me some too?"Jaemin asked.

"Do it yourself,"Lucas says tiredly.

"I'm making you breakfast,"Jaemin argues.

"Fair,"Lucas says before grabbing another cup.

"Nana, you drink too much coffee,"Yeonmi says.

"I love coffee."

"Does anyone want to go on a hike with me?"Lucas asks, but nobody answers. "Please, Mark cancelled on me last night. He, apparently, has plans for the whole day."

"The whole day?"Yeonmi asks.

"'I'm sorry Lucas, but I'm leaving in the morning and I'm back at 2am.'"Lucas says mimicking Mark's voice.

On cue, Mark comes walking down the stairs. His presence is different this morning. His aura turned heads, except for Yeonmi's.

"Hyung, are you alright?"Chenle asks as he stopped folding his laundry.

"Yeah, just heading out."He says heading towards the door.

"You're not going to eat breakfast?"Yeonmi asks him.

She waited for a response but none came. She looked up to face him, but he only looked over his shoulder and continued walking. Lucas was about to stop Mark, but someone beat him to it.

"We are all in danger!"Taeyong screams from his room.

"What's going on?"Jeno shouts from the living room.

"CODE RED!"He shouts.

The Dreamies stopped folding their clothes and Jaemin dropped his chopsticks. Mark stopped in his tracks, he turned around and gulped. Yeonmi looked at them in confusion and concern.

"WHAT!"They all holler.

"Can someone explain to me what's going on?"

"They're coming for a surprise inspection! Everyone downstairs for the game plan now! Everybody get up now! We have less than two hours!"Taeyong shouts in pure panic.

In a second all of the older members were scrambling downstairs and into the open area. They were all dressed in their pajamas. Nobody had really planned on leaving the house early in the morning, except for Mark.

"So I can't leave today?"Mark questions while practically speechless.

"Don't ask a question if you already know the answer!"Jaehyun says while cleaning the dishes.

"Alright gang, they arrive at 11:30. Which gives us a little under 3 hours to get ready."

"I'll go get the suits!"Yuta shouts before rushing out.

"I'll order the food,"Lucas says.

"They are going to give us hell if we don't have this place in proper shape! Let's move people!"Taeyong shouts at them.

"What about me? If they find out about all of the hits I've been taking with the money they'll kill me for sure."Mark frantically says.

"You have no one to blame but yourself, Mark."Haechan says while patting his shoulder.