Chapter 4 |calm the storm?|

With the birds chirping, sun shining, came the next pleasant morning. It was anything but pleasant for the Raizada family as the storm still hadn't silenced in the house. Last night had been hell for both Arnav and Khushi. Broken and hurt souls searching for a path without thorns to walk on. But Khushi did feel content after having that much needed conversation with her Jiji last night. At least someone would support her now, listen to her pleads, help her, guide her.

They all were seated for breakfast. Arnav had an early morning meeting with an important Japanese client so he left early.

It was the same as almost everyday. AWKWARD AND TEDIOUS! But there was one thing different. Anjali finally decided to get out of her room and socialize a bit.

~~**~~

With everyone silently having their breakfast suddenly the house bell rang. Anjali quickly got up from her chair and limped to the door. She was indeed right.

Her Shyamji stood there in all his glory. She was elated, he was finally here and he was here to stay.

Everybody sat quiet, flabbergasted at what was happening right before their eyes. Arnav had clearly kicked him out then why was he here now, the question arose in everybody's mind.

Anjali quickly enveloped him in a hug. Pouring her heart out as how much she'd missed him. He put up his fake facade and happily answered her back, reciprocating identical words.

"Damaad ji aap iyan kaa karath rahey?" Asked a vexed Nani. (What are you doing here son in law?)

"Humne inhe yaha bulaya hai nani." Answered Anjali (I called him here Nani.)

"He's the father of my yet to be born child, he has every right to stay here. Agar Chotey ko koi problem hai toh woh kahin aur jaa ker reh sakta hai apni patni ko ley kar lekin meray Shyamji yahan se kahin nahi jaye gay." Declared a very determined Anjali. (If Arnav has a problem with it, he can go live somewhere else with his wife because my Shyamji isn't going anywhere.)

Nobody had the nerve to say anything in return. Hence decided to remain quite.

Anjali turned to Shyam and courteously questioned. "Apney naashta kera?" (Did you have your breakfast?)

"Nahi rani sahiba apko dekhney ka sabr hi nahi ho paya humse kay sab sey pehlay doray chaley aye." He ever so perfectly lied. (No my queen, I just could not wait to see you so I rushed here as soon as I could.)

"Acha chalo yeh sab choriye, let's go to our room we'll have breakfast together."

She ordered Hari Prakash to bring her and Shyam's breakfast upstairs to their room.

~~**~~

Everybody was way too appalled to say anything anymore.

"Arnav bitwa kaa bolath agar uko pata chal gaya kay damadji ko Anjali bitiya wapis bulawath hai?" Asked an extremely frightened Manorma as she was very well aware of her Arnav bitwa's anger. (What will Arnav say if he finds out that Anjali has called Shyam back in this house?)

Devyani stopped her from blabbering further as she said.

"It's better for Anjali if Shyam is here for a while, and I'll talk to chotte about this matter, it's better to calm the storm for now like this."

Little did they know an even deadlier storm was approaching them.

************************************************
It's short, i know. Will try to give a long update soon.
Do give feedback, it's really appreciated!

PS: DO NOT COPY OR REPRODUCE AS THIS IS SOLELY AND SOLEMNLY MY WORK!