Chapter 2

Third pov

A lot had changed in the class dynamic during the years.

The earliest change was that Marinette and Chloe had been kicked to the back of the classroom. Not that they minded anymore. Marinette found it calming to be able to keep an eye on everything without having to be seen herself.

Second. Lila had spread her kingdom through the class. It was almost sad to watch as everyone fell prey to her lies.

Almost.

Then, Marinette stopped taking people's bullshit.

No free clothes.
No free food.
Nothing.

It had actually been thanks to Chloe that she started growing a backbone.

Unfortunately it earned her Madame Bustiers disapproval. The woman still pushed her duties as a teacher onto the teen.

Marinette didn't like it but whenever she tried to bring it up with the principal she was blown off.

It pissed her and her friends off.

"We're still on for girls night, right?"

Marinette nodded. "Yeah, my maman said i can take pastries with me. You have the popcorn?"

Chloe scoffed, not a mean one. "Of course. I'll get the rest too."

The two walked past glaring classmates towards the back. When Alya tried to trip Marinette she stepped on her foot.

The glasses wearing girl glared at her and she glared right back.

Most days started this way.

Which almost made it a relief when their teacher entered with the news of the contest.

Of course the three teens (Adrien, Chloe and Marinette) already knew.

"Settle down everyone! I have news of the contest."

That got the attention of everyone. Even Lila.

Madame Bustier took out a paper from her folder on the desk, a smile that looked all to fake in Marinette's eyes on her face. "Our class won. The trip will be payed for by our kind sponsor Bruce Wayne."

She continued talking over the cheering coming from the class.

"We will get a guided tour of Wayne enterprises, their famous garden and we will get to experience the American school system for two months."

Chloe and Adrien both smiled at Marinette and the young designer couldn't help but smile as well. At least until Lie-la started her normal charades.

"Oh, I haven't been in Gotham in so long." She gushed.

"You've been in Gotham before?" Rose asked excitedly.

"I have. I actually grew up with the Wayne family. Bruce Wayne's youngest fell in love with me and I've been practically family since." She smiled and shrugged in a 'what can you do' way. "Damiboo just loves me so much. We decided not to announce it before we're eighteen since he doesn't want paparazzi chasing me, but I know I can trust you guys."

The class soaked everything up like sponges, happily agreeing. "Of course you can trust us."

A few glares were sent Marinette's way.

She just rolled her eyes.

This was gonna be a long day.

***********************************

Girls night was interupted by an akuma. Thankfully not a dangerous one, but still. Is one night too much to ask for?

Ladybug landed on a roof and caught the black butterfly with ease. No injuries today, other than Hawkmoth's bruised ego.

"Lucky charm!"

The buildings around them repaired themselves and instead of the monster they'd faced there was a child. A quick talk with him told them he hadn't been allowed to stay up.

"It's strange." She sighed.

"What is, my lady?" Chat landed beside her as they watched the boys parents take him back home.

"He can't be much younger than us. But sometimes I feel like I've lived an eternity instead of sixteen years."

Chat didn't say anything, instead he put a hand on her shoulder in understanding.

After a while he sighed. "I gotta get back. Do you and Chloe want to meet up and plan what to bring on friday? I mean we're going on monday so we have the weekend to pack."

Ladybug smiled. "Sounds great. I gotta go too. Chloe's back at the hotel making sure they don't think we've dissapeared."

The two teen heroes took of in different directions.

Ladybug landed on the balcony to Chloe's room, de-transforming once inside.

"What was it this time?"

"A kid upset with bedtime." Marinette answered as she plopped down on the couch in the room. "It pisses me off when it's kids."

Chloe came over with a bowl of popcorn. The coffee table was already filled with different snacks and Marinette could see that the blonde had prepared the movie.

"It makes me mad too. But now, we have mani pedi's to do and snacks to eat." Chloe declared as she plopped down beside Marinette.

Time skip

After a week of hearing Lila talk about her Damiboo and hearing everyone fawn over her, and on top of that finishing her commissions and packing according to the list Mr Wayne had sent them, Marinette was more than ready to get a break from her normal routine.

She'd already talked to Master Fu and he had given her permission to use the horse miracoulus so she can take herself and either Chloe or Adrien back to Paris when needed.

Now all that was needed was for Monday to come.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)