Chapter Thirty-Three

🎶🎤I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

And I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight..🎶🎤 Sia (Chandelier)

Keisha's POV

What was Damion even thinking? Now Veron is going to hate me for life.

Damn it!

The look he had in his eyes tore me apart.

Betrayal. That's what it was. I have betrayed his love, his trust. I have caused him to hate me.

I sat in the backseat behind Damion and Kaitlyn sat beside me.

"Doll....I didn't mean to cause any trouble." Damion started to say but I stopped him.

"You knew what you were doing Damion and you knew what would happen between Veron and I. Why do you want him to hate me?" Tears had now started to run down my cheeks. 

"It's not like that.....you saw how he provoked and downgraded me. He forced my hand." Damion tried to reason with me but I was having none of his nonsense excuse.

I didn't argue with him any further. I just folded my hand across my chest and gazed out the window trying to think of a way to make Veron forgive me.

Kaitlyn who had remained silent for most of the trip finally spoke. "Keisha?" She said as she turned in her seat to look at me. "So you think David still loves me?"

"Of course he does." I answered without hesitation. "What made you ask that?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. He has been really distant lately. We don't even get intimate as often as we use to."

Damion coughed. "Something is definitely up then. What guy doesn't want sex?"

"No one asked you!" I hissed at him and he turned his attention back to the road.

I didn't mean to be so harsh but he deserved it.

"Don't worry about David still loving you. I'm sure he does." I told Kaitlyn. "He's probably just stressed or preoccupied with all the things going on at the mansion. Don't worry, ok?"

Kaitlyn nodded her head and sighed. "Maybe you're right. I'm just overthinking a bit."

I smiled at her. "That's natural." I reassured her and we were quiet as we drove.

"Doll I'm really sorry." Damion said after a while. "I don't know why I kissed you. I honestly don't know what came over me." His apology was filled with so much remorse that I almost forgave him right away.

"Nice excuse." I said sarcastically and Damion grunted.

"Think about it Doll. I don't like you in that way. Why the hell would I kiss you? I have a girlfriend for crying out loud!" He was getting riled up by the seconds.

"A girlfriend that you forgot all about." I decided to throw salt in his wound. "Did you know that when you were kissing me she was at home thinking of ways to propose to you?"

"What?!" Damion turned to look at me, causing the car to swerve in the road.

"Damion! Will you look where you're going?!" I screeched and he brought the car to a stop in the middle of the road.