shopping

Your POV 

You walk into the house and head up to your room. Being with Shayne soothed your anxiety to the point that you weren't even thinking about school. The minute you realized that it was late and you had exams coming is when that pesky anxiety returned. Sitting down at your desk you pull out reviews and notes and study into the early hours of the morning. 

As you sit in lecture on Thursday you can't help but notice your classmates staring at your bruises and cuts. Every so often someone looks down at the cast you have on and read what Shayne wrote, they would give you a loaded look and move on. The one thing you hated was being the center of attention, especially when they don't know the details. 

Lecture ends and you begin to pack your things into your backpack. One of your classmates is purposely moving slow at her desk, almost waiting for you notice. As the last person walks out she comes your way. 

"Hey y/n, before you say anything I just wanted to let you know that I had clinical the night you came into the hospital, and saw you in the Emergency Room. I don't know what happened, or who the people were that were with you but I just hope everything is okay. I know you and I haven't been friends for a while and I know it's because I didn't try to reach out to you when you needed it. I'm sorry our friendship ended that way, but I still wish you the best. You look so much healthier now than you did that night." She gives you a half smile and walks to leave. 

"Sam," you call after her and limp over to walk with her. You explain the reasoning behind why you act the way you do when you get frustrated or anxious. "I never meant to put you in a situation that you weren't ready for, I should have told you earlier that I get like that sometimes. I'm sorry for being a bad friend." 

"Oh y/n it's fine. I realize that in hindsight we both could have handled the situation better but we're adults here and take responsibility for our actions. Tell me about those guys that were with you though, they were really attractive." 

You walk with Sam out of the building and to the parking lot, telling the story about how you met Shayne and Damien. Giving her a hug you part ways and head home to study for the exams tomorrow.  

...

Early in the morning you go to the doctors office and get your cast cut off. Your calf has become really small and your ankle is equally slim. All of the work you spent on toning was waisted. Ugh, frustrating. The doctor explains that you have to wear a boot when walking but if you're at home you can leave it off as long as you're careful. (AN: it takes at least 3 weeks for bones to heal so we're fast forwarding here)

Exams went well, for missing class your grades were better than you had expected. Because you just finished exams you had the weekend free of studying, you pull out your phone to text Shayne. 

4:16pm you: Survived the end times! Not sure if I have a parent worthy outfit for tomorrow. Care to go shopping with me?

4:23pm Shayne: I'll be done at work in half an hour, meet me at Highland Mall at 5? 

4:30pm you: Sounds good! see you then 

Driving home made you think about the things you might wear around parents. Jeans? Dress? Tank top? All of my jeans have holes is them and my dresses are way to short. Maybe Shayne can think of something. Pulling into the driveway you get out and head inside to put down your school stuff and change into shorts and a t-shirt. Sophia walks into your room as you brush your hair and sits on your bed. 

"Where ya headed?" she tilts her head to the side. 

"Well i'm meeting Shaynes parents this weekend and need to find a good outfit. He's meeting me at the mall in a few to help." you smile at her as you put the brush down.