Thea's First Day at School

He is so precious I wanna cry.

Well, it's been a while, and I miss Héline.

I've had this one on my mind for a while, so my idea has come to life. I hope you enjoy it!

S x

Céline.

"Baby, you need to calm down."

Harry has been a nervous wreck ever since he woke up — which was much earlier than planned. It was his day off, and he wasn't taking advantage of the fact that he could sleep; instead, he was worried about something that was about to happen for the first time in our lives.

He even tossed and turned in his sleep — and frankly, I wasn't having it. If he couldn't sleep properly, he didn't have to indirectly take it out on me.

After he came back from checking on Thea, he's been pacing in our room. Back and forth, and repeat, and he was making me dizzy. I physically had to go and grasp hold of him so he could stop.

"I can't, C," he whined, "Our baby is growing up. She's starting kindergarten."

"Harry, she's five. It's kind of what happens at this age." I smiled as I turned to him after tying my hair into a small ponytail.

"But — but — but no. I want her to stay our baby girl forever." He stomped his feet a few times.

I think being around children a lot has affected his behaviour quite a bit — or he was just a baby inside. Maybe both.

"Who said she won't?"

"I heard from other fathers, heck even from Dylan, that they start wanting their independence at this age. Apparently, they gain this confidence from school. A five-year-old shouldn't have independence. She needs to depend on her parents — that's us, Céline, us!"

"So?"

"If she starts calling me dad instead of daddy, I'm grounding her." He pouted, and a small laugh escaped my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him flush towards me.

"We both know you won't do that. The longest you've put. Thea in a time-out was for five minutes for going through a box she found under our bed — one that I told you to put in the closet, but you never listened to me."

"It wasn't my fault!"

"Yes, H, it was." I chuckled.

To be honest, though, Thea had just learned to walk and loved to touch things — to explore. And well, she definitely explored alright. She thought they were toys. I mean, technically, they were — adult ones.

We were both thankful she was at an age that she wouldn't be able to remember everything. From then on, I had to hide it very well on the top shelf of our closet.

"Fucking hell. I managed to rework my schedule so I wouldn't miss this day, and now I don't even want her to go."

"Thea has to go to school. It's the circle of life."

"Bub, please no," he pleaded, desperately tugging on my hands.

"Ma lune, you sound like a five-year-old who doesn't want to go to school. Thea's singing down the hall all excited and you're here practically crying."

"No, I'm not."

And there he went again, pouting whilst crossing his arms.

"Fine. Don't go. I'll take Thea myself." I threatened with a playful smile. Harry was about to say something but then she ran into the room.