18 |

A/N: Do you guys like the gifs that have been added to a couple of chapters? Is this something I should keep doing? 🖤

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE

Isaac has calmed Klayton down enough to allow him to recite more information he found. It seemed to haunt him, as he didn't understand what the riddles meant.

Klayton had read another riddle which had sent him over the edge; his animalistic side wanting blood for whoever cursed me.

He had read it aloud once he settled down, and it was amazing how this old relic continued to
perplex the group of us.

I glance around, my eyes falling on everything surrounding us. We had been here for a while. The library had grown dim as the light faded from outside. The only source now came from the dust-covered lamps surrounding. The click of the door indicated that the librarian had left for the evening, and she didn't even bother asking her Alpha to leave.

I could essentially now tell who a werewolf was based on how they looked— even when they were older, their athletic builds and sharp features gave them away almost instantly. I felt pretty confident about this newly acquired knowledge. I grin at my own thoughts.

Myersdale was practically all werewolves anyways.

I went to a table situated in the back of the library; now the four of us sat amongst one another. We haven't said anything in a couple of minutes.

Of course, it was Isaac who broke the silence. He had yet to lose his goofy optimism, as I certainly had.

"Damn, I didn't expect that," he breathes. Klayton's eyes glare into his Beta's head, almost piercing his soul. He always pretended that Issac annoyed him, but anyone who looked past his tough exterior could see they were best friends.

A sigh comes out of my mouth involuntarily, and my head makes a thump as it connects with the wood of the table. 

I suddenly feel his hand on my back.

Ever since I took off the necklace, I could feel that it was his touch, even though my clothes.

"Read it to me again," I say silently.

The ripped pages of the book lay on the desk. My eyes find Lenna, and I watch as she is desperately trying to flatten one of the pages with her hands.

Klayton sorts through the papers before finding the one, and he reads aloud for what seems like the hundredth time...

"All others to attempt to perform this magic,

Will meet an end that is tragic.

There is the sound of their death knell,

She is the only one who may bind the spell.

Those who are not the Goddess of the Moon,

Are sure to meet their doom.

Magic so strong that you must be an h—

To wear the mark, she bared."

I frown as Klayton dismisses reciting the words written. The second last sentence, had been obstructed by the aged paper. It was impossible to see the word that was supposed to be there.

The words made an ache grow in my head, my head starting to throb as anxiety fills me briefly.

Lenna sat back in her seat.

The meaning behind the words forced us all back into a stunned silence. Klayton said earlier he thought the missing word was human, but something inside me told me otherwise.