9

Mike's POV

"...turn to page 394 and look at....."

I was really trying my hardest to remain focused in class. I got good grades in school but I was so bad at focusing, especially in classes like history. Today it was even harder to focus too, since my friends were back in town I haven't been able to sit still.

It wasn't just me, the whole party was glad to have Will and EL back. They showed it by glancing at the door ever five seconds to see if the two would be introduced as the new kids to our class any minute.

"Michael?" The teacher was calling my name.

"Huh?" The only intellectual response I could come up with.

"Your thoughts?"

Was he not going to help me out a bit and tell me what exactly I'm supposed to be thinking of? The look in his eyes said detention so I pulled a thought out of the air.

"Well...I think that it's absurd and illogical..."

My teacher looked down on me, a frown present on his face. "You think that same sex couples are absurd and illogical...?"

My whole face turned red. That wasn't what I meant and he knew it.

"Stay focused Wheeler," he said before I could defend myself.

I was afraid everyone was going to think I was homophobic, even though I wasn't. I had nothing against it, truly, but people were going to think shit of me because I was too busy thinking about Will and not paying attention.

and El.

I was thinking about Will and El.

There was a sudden knock on the classroom door and the teacher answered.

"Oh! That must be our new student."

The door opened and Will stepped through, El wasn't following him so I assumed she had joined a separate class.

He had changed since he moved away. He was almost as tall as me and towered over our teacher. I enjoyed that he was still shorter than me. Despite him getting taller, his hair got shorter. Not that I usually notice these things, but it looked nice...more mature I guess. Will looked more mature in general though, which was very interesting to look at.

Will stood awkwardly at the front of the classroom by the teacher. He caught sight of the party and I smiled as we made eye contact. He returned it. Seeing him smile was such a happy experience, I'd seen him in some dark times where I feared he would never smile again.

"Go ahead and take a seat, we were just discussing the affects of religion in politics despite there not being a set religion for the country. I'm sure your classmates will help you get caught up."

Will was ushered to an open seat in the front. We were allowed to chose our seats for the semester and not many wanted to sit too close to our teacher.

He sat down and crossed his legs while still bouncing his knee.

Will was nervous. It made sense, he was the new kid. I still was upset by his discomfort though.

He pulled out a notebook and started copying things from the board. His hand was moving so fast and he often stopped to squint at the board, his lip in his teeth.

"Mike!"

Lucas was whispering my name. I turned from Will and to Lucas with a raised brow.

"Quit the dopey look and pay attention! The test is on Wednesday!" Lucas turned back to attention in his seat.

I shook my head, frowning. I didn't like when people interrupted me from my daydreams.

Daydreams??

My thoughts would be a more fitting term. I was just thinking about Will, no, observing him.

No matter what term I use it still sounds weird.

-----

Late chapter cause I honestly don't know how anyone feels about this book.

Like...do you guys even like it?? I honestly have no idea bbs