Camellia Blooms - THREE

Family gathering part I

Say, should I go leave this place?

They say that we should enjoy our journey and not just our destination.

But why should I do that? Why should I divert myself into these unnecessary things?

If I just look straight, if I didn't looked behind me, I wouldn't be here in this position.

I wouldn't have smiled.

I wouldn't have laughed.

I wouldn't have friends.

I wouldn't have a life.

Yet, there's an irreversible thing in earth aside from change.

It's pain.

I wish I couldn't understand feelings.

I wish I couldn't feel pain.

Then I wouldn't have to feel this way.

...

I left my desk after the clock stroke six, it's the end of my work. Taking my bag and a packet of Oreos, I walk down the same path I always walked on, but there's something in there.

Specifically someone.

"Missed me?"

I just looked at him blankly, my face devoid of emotion. It's like I'm looking at someone who was performing a bad skit and I couldn't even laugh at it.

"Why the cold face?" He broke out a grin and eventually, I let a smile pass on my lips. "I saw that! I made you smile"

"Yeah you did" I shook my head as he form a circle on me and celebrate his victory.

"Why are you here, Yuu?"

His apricot eyes formed a small moon crescent as he smile towards me. Slouching his tall figure to match mine, he pet my head gently and said.

"To make you happy"

Idiot.

I want to be happy too.

If I can.

"Thanks" I murmured in a low tone.

He was still looking at my eyes, unblinking, the warm light coming from the sun cast a shadow on his face creating a warm like picture.Then he suddenly straightened up and said.

"Let's go" I nodded and followed him to his car.

Unlike me, his parents are rich. But unlike rich people, his parents are the most humble person I've ever known in my life.

Yuu graduated in a prestigious University from abroad. He studied medicine and is currently working at a well known hospital here in A city.

"You know...you don't really have to take me home every day" I said as I buckled my seatbelt.

"I want to, what are friends for right?" He said in a joking manner and drove through the road.

I didn't tried to pursue this topic and just looked at the windows. The city lights were bright, almost blinding my eyes. Luxurious cars speeding every time with no care on the world, people with flashy clothes and fake smiles littered on the way.

I was tired.

Tired of looking at this blinding truth.

Closing my eyes, I drifted into sleep. I also didn't see the emotion behind Yuu's eyes. The emotion that he's been holding on for a long, long time.

***
Third chapter!!! I've been trying to write everything before my head finally crash down.

Please do let me know of I have some grammatical errors and spellings, thank you!

Anyways, please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!