Untied

"Just like every rose we all have our thorns. But in the end, the pain is worth the fragrance."

《~●●●~》

Alexis was stuck between the office table and August. She was afraid of his anger but she liked it too. The only thought she had in mind at that time was she wanted to use Zohra to get out of the lodge as soon as possible. She didn't love him the way he loved her.

August came closer and leaned forward. He planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry Alexis. I didn't mean to hurt you." He muttered.

She didn't say a word. She clearly looked hurt. His grasp on her wrist minutes ago was enough to make her yelp with pain.

He held both of her hands gently and brought them close to his lips. He gently kissed her hands with love and affection. The touch of his lips on her hands made her spine shiver and she couldn't deny she liked it.

"I want to say something August." She muttered.

"What is it." He softly asked.

"I-I don't have these feeling for you. I am sorry but I don't think of you the way you think of me. I mean I don't love you August." She bluntly said then looked at his face for any signs of emotions.

"What?". He muttered. The impact of realization hit hard on him. He was still confused. " I don't get it but why?" His voice was hurt.

"August! I appreciate your feelings for me but I really don't think I can develop these feelings for you too. I like you as a true friend but I cannot love you. I simply don't." She lowered her gaze and told him the most heartbreaking truth.

August's heart had shattered into a million pieces on her statement. Although he was coldblooded, merciless but his heart was in her hands and getting his heart shattered by the hands of his love was the most painful thing happened to him.

"Why is that Alexis? What's wrong with me that you don't love me. Look into my eyes." He tilted her head up and made her look into his eyes.

August's eyes were her weakness. She couldn't stand looking into them. "What made you not love me?" His hoarse voice echoed.

"Because I cannot live in that new world of yours August. Yes! I went through all of these papers. The violence, the gore. I am petrified of you August. Is this going on in your mind all these years. I am sorry but I cannot fall in love with a monster." She spat in anger.

He squeezed her shoulders. "This is just a drama. I am not gonna do this. It is just a part of a plan to please someone. Alexis!" He held her by her shoulders gently. "I am not a bad guy. I hunt people. I kill them but only those who deserve to die. If I was a killer I would have killed you in the first place." He tried to explain.

"You are not the one to decide who deserves to live and who doesn't and you aren't the one to decide my fate either." She said and paused for a moment. "I'm sorry August but please leave me alone. Thats the least you can do for me." She brought both of her palms together in a pleading way.

"I cannot. I simply cannot do this. I am sorry." August let go off her shoulders, took a step back and clenched his jaw.

"Yes you can. You don't need me August. You need someone else. I cannot fill the void in your life but someone else can." She said.