1) My Neighbor Is A Kitty Killer

This is Book 1 of the Vendetta series! It's a combination of romance, humor, the mafia, and mature scenes meant for a New Adult audience. It can be read as a standalone! Hope you enjoy! :)

Hey everyone! This story is dedicated to The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. If you, a friend, or a loved one has had thoughts about suicide, attempted, or you know someone who has passed away because of suicide, you know first hand how crucial the prevention against it is in schools and in general. Please take the time to consider donating to the non-profit organization. You could be saving a life! Thank you! (P.S- This story does not have suicide in it, I am merely bringing the subject to the attention of my readers!)

***

Chapter 1: My Neighbor Is A Killer

"Püssy!"

The word tasted foreign on my tongue. This was new territory for me. I came from a family of wealth and classiness. And as much as I tried to separate myself from that lifestyle, I would never be so trashy as to speak like that, like a criminal....like him.

"I have a püssy, you have a püssy, the cat that lives in the dumpster outside is a püssy! It's a word! A word, Scarlett! A word! Don't let this affect-"

There was a knock on the door. "Scarlett, darling? Is everything alright...?"

Püssy, I mouthed one last time to my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I'd shoot that word right back at his face, too.

"Everything's perfectly fine, Mom!" As if she really cared. I wiped frantically at the running mascara under my eyes and took a large gulp out of my wine glass.

"Cheers," I said to myself. I made myself as presentable as possible and threw open my new apartment bathroom door, letting it hit the wall with a crack. It certainly would have left a hole in the wall, had there not been an unopened box of my favorite goofy sweaters against the wall.

Mother was dressed in a cream colored Dior dress that she would certainly only wear once. I, on the other hand, was dressed in an oversized Mickey Mouse sweatshirt with a tear by my belly button, matched with my favorite pair of leggings.

"Were you crying, Scarlett?" Mother asked and for a moment, she actually looked concerned. Then I realized it was just the Botox and her face was kind of stuck like that. "I'd cry too, if I wore that sweatshirt in public."

"I was watching Greys Anatomy before you came," I explained, ignoring her normal commentary on my clothes. I finished off my wine. "It was an emotional episode."

My neighbor is a huge, throbbing, psychopathic- d!ckhead, is what I actually wanted to say. But I digress, I was too urbane to speak that way.

"And where did you get that wine? You didn't get your poor, sober, old mother a glass as well? Is it a good year?"

"It's just juice, Ma. You know I don't drink. I felt like being fancy, considering the," I motioned to the entire apartment, "special occasion."

"Scarlett, about what happened with Todd-" Mother began.

"Please stop," I said, tears started to burn in my eyes again. "If you really came here to talk about Todd, then you know where the door is. Todd and I are over. Forever. I'm glad he did what he did. We were two different people, anyway.

"It's just that people make mistakes, dear..."

I wanted to rip my hair out. "You're right. People make mistakes. People trip and thrust their unusually small d!ck numerous times into another woman's v#gina all the time!"