Chapter 3

Jennie's POV

"Aren't you supposed to be in the clinic?" I asked the sitting girl in front of me. A grin spread on her face while staring at me like a kid mesmerized by something new that he/she have seen.

I mean, who won't be able to stare at my beautiful face, am I right? Now that just sounded cocky.

"Why should I go there? Don't you know that the school nurse has some serious problem with me?" Jisoo gestured to herself like a mad woman and I could only facepalm myself.

"What did you do now..?" I groaned out and she looked at me with an innocent smile on her face.

"I accidentally made her fall down the stairs while she was carrying a bunch of files." She answers with a shrug and that just made my mouth hang open.

"And... what did you do?"

"I already told you, Jen. Didn't you hear?"

I eyed her suspiciously and she avoided my gaze before continuing on playing with her phone.

"If you think that you could trick me. Think again, Jis." I crossed my arms and slowly walked away from her with a tiny smirk on my face.

1...2...3...

Jisoo yanks me back to her by my wrist and turns me around to embrace me.

"You called me." She snuggles her face into my neck while I felt her smile on my skin.

"What should I call you then, asshole?"

She lifts her head and looks at me sternly. I could've said that she looks scary but having that pout on her face... I couldn't take her seriously.

"Call me like that again."

I smirked at her in amusement and her pout just grew bigger.

"Please..." She pleaded and I couldn't do anything but surrender.

"Jis."

After I said that, she cupped my face and having that mischievous smile on her face was enough to make me worry.

"Having you say that again made my heart go wild, Kim." She said before going for a swift peck on my lips.

I, of course, got seriously baffled by what she did. To tell y'all the truth, she too was the one who stole my first kiss and so she does all this for fun. I was blushing madly that I couldn't help but want more.

"Did you say you want more? Because I'll gladly give you thousands, no, millions of it."

"When have you been so cheesy?" I asked while laughing to hide my pink cheeks.

"When I saw you being with someone else that's not me." She said with a light chuckle. But, of course, me being the person who's known her for a really long time... I heard a hint of sadness in her voice.

I looked away and bit my lower lip to not make myself obvious that it all was just a fucking drama.

"And that should be that way, Jisoo."

...

"You look horrible, Jen." Chaeyoung says while sipping her tea while I do my homework.

"What do you mean?"

"I meant that you look frustrated."

I looked at myself in the mirror beside me and she was right. I had a scrunched up face and I was wearing a glare that I didn't know I was doing.

I heaved a sigh and thoughts just came crashing down my mind. I was just letting all those thoughts about Jisoo fade when a student from my class came to me and Chaeng.

"G-good morning, J-Jennie." She nervously played with her blouse as she bowed at me.

I looked up at her and smiled.

"So... what do you want?" Chaeng interrupts but this time I ain't complaining.

"I was gonna ask Jennie a favor." She bluntly said and I raised a brow.

"What is it?"

"C-can you g-give this to Jisoo? I hear you two are close." She hands me a box wrapped in a pink wrapper.

"Was close." Chaeng corrected with emphasis.

The girl secretly rolled her eyes which I caught but I just shrugged it off.

"Sure. I'll give it to her." I took the gift from her hand and I couldn't imagine someone being so happy about this.

"Thank you so much but please don't tell her that the one that gave her that was from her class." She bashfully said.

"Sure."

She then walks away with a happy grin on her face.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Chaeng suddenly asks in worry as the figure of the girl faded.

I smiled at her reassuringly but she knows me as much as Jisoo to know that I'm not okay with it at all.

After all, we were best friends and that includes Lisa. We were completely inseparable. Like really. Until all of that changed.

"It'll be fine, Chaeng."

She just pats my back to let me know that it's okay and she'll always be there.

We didn't need words to communicate. It's one of those things that only real friends could understand.

"Let's find that 'one-heck-of-a-troublemaker' then."

"Yeah let's."

...