Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"

"It looks like you've retained some of your powers at least." Smirked Artemis.

I looked at my hands nervously, they were still covered in the Doe's blood. "I... I healed it. It ran away like nothing happened." I stammered.

Artemis nodded. "From what I heard, Zeus only took half of yours, Apollo's, Ares' godhood." She briefly explained.

I looked back towards Artemis. "I'm not worried about that though. This box, I don't know what to do with it. You have to help me."

She chuckled and stuffed the dagger into its holster. I squeezed my lips into a thin line and waited impatiently for a response. "I can't help you." She finally said with a shrug.

"Take it back! Put it back in it's place!" I begged.

She shook her head, "If I show up with Pandora's Box they'll assume I took it."

I groaned and sat down against a tree. "So I'm stuck with it. At least tell me what to do."

"Gods aren't allowed to interfere in Demi-god issues, you need to find out on your own." Said Artemis.

"Why are you even here then." I said crossing my arms.

At this point she's just messing with me, she's no use to me right now and I need to focus on getting rid of this box.

"Like I said before, I want to see what my dear brother was throwing a fit over."

This was my chance to ask what Apollo's deal is. She's his sister, she would know surely... I took my chance and pressed her for answers about him. "What do you mean throwing a fit over?" I asked crossing my arms.

She smiled, "You. He talked about you non-stop, complaining and ranting."

"But why? We weren't that close... nor have I done anything to intentionally upset him."

"My brother is very sensitive... and falls easily. As in fall I mean fall in love. As you know he has quite an unfortunate history of lovers... anything that breathes around him and doesn't worship the ground he walks on he takes an interest in. You, something that came from his prophecy and his oracle; of course he'd take an interest in you. All those nymphs and muses throw themselves at him, they worship him. But he gets ultimately bored of them and they're not exactly qualified at being life long lovers..." Explained Artemis. I underestimated how much she knows her brother, they are twins after all...

"So what you're saying is... because I'm not throwing myself at him and I'm apart of one of his foretold prophecies he's... in love with me." I chuckled a bit. "He does not love me. He resents me and has treated me with anything but love."

Artemis sighed. "Normally he would be extremely pushy and almost obsessive when it comes to a potential lover. However, he's been broken down so many times and lost 2 of his greatest loves. Perhaps he's afraid of being broken down even more and losing you. He has this mindset that anything he becomes attached to is condemned to death."

"So... he wants to hate me."

She nodded. "Knowing my brother he's not good at ignoring his feelings... he'll come around."

I frowned and clenched my fists, "What about me though! Perhaps I don't feel the same way-"

Artemis's eyes went ablaze, "He'd fbetter not hear you say that. You're lucky I'm more patient than he is. I'm going to assume that with time you'll feel the same way, until then it would be best if you refrain from hurting my brother."

I felt challenged but I also knew I wasn't powerful enough to argue with her. I bit my lip and held my tongue. Essentially she's giving me no choice, she's threatening me. it occurred to me that this isn't the first time Artemis has gotten involved in Apollo's love affairs drama. She's been known to punish those who are unfaithful to him or break his heart.