1

"Thank you so much for babysitting, Yoongi. Make sure you take Tae to his football practice at ten, and pick him up at one—"

"I got it. I promise." Yoongi opened the door for his aunt to leave. "You're going to be late if you keep on." He stated as he stood there.

His aunt looked back at him, then to the little boy staring up at her. "I'll be home at four." She crouched down and placed a quick kiss on Taehyung's forehead. "Be good." She said.

The boy just nodded his head as she waved bye to both of them. Yoongi watched out the door as she left and then turned to little Taehyung. They're cousins, and they see each other very often, but Yoongi's never had to babysit him —or any kid before.

Tae's mom had a sudden meeting and nobody to babysit, so she actually called Yoongi of all people. Of course he said yes to her.

How could he not?

"You don't look like a wolf to me." The six year old suddenly said, staring wearily at Yoongi.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at the kid. "Don't go around saying stuff about that, Tae." He finally closed the door before taking Taehyung's hand. "Let's go back to sleep."

"Okay." Taehyung followed him to his room. Yoongi tucked him in and sighed to himself.

He tried to leave the room, but Taehyung whined. "I want a drink." He pouted up at Yoongi as the older looked down at him.

Yoongi nodded. "Okay."

He went to the kitchen and got his cousin a drink, and by the time he was finally settling in on the couch to take a nap, it was already time to get Taehyung dressed for practice.

"Ugh, what kind of six year old needs practice?" He groaned as Taehyung jumped on his bed. He picked up the outfit that his mom left Tae to put on and grabbed his little bag.

"I don't even like football." Tae giggled.

Yoongi smiled, but then his eyes widened as he looked in the mirror at the boy. "Why are your wolf ears out?!" He turned to the boy.

Taehyung stopped jumping and looked panicked. "What?! What?!" He jumped to the mirror. "Momma said I wouldn't get them so early!" He started stressing Yoongi out.

"Put them away!" Yoongi said.

"But they're so pretty!" Tae giggled as his ears moved. "Do you have pretty ears?" He asked.

Yoongi sighed and explained to Taehyung how to put his ears away and that nobody in the whole wide world could know about him being a werewolf. The boy frowned, but obeyed. When they finally put the cute clothes on him and Yoongi put in his contacts to hide his eye color, they left the house and took in the scent of the fresh morning air.

Yoongi made Taehyung hold his hand in fear that he would lose him on the ten minute walk. As they walked by a store, the boy smiled.

"Candy!" He pointed to a store ahead of them. "Can we please get some?" He looked up at Yoongi with puppy eyes- literally.

"Guess so." Yoongi shrugged.

As they walked into the store- or as Yoongi was dragged in- he was caught by a sudden smell that made his mind go absolutely blank. He figured that it was just the candy messing with his senses, but then Tae dragged him to the butterscotch at the front of the store.

As Tae was stuffing his little bag, Yoongi was too focused on looking at the register, or at the boy who was standing in front of it.

His eyebrows were slightly furrowed as he looked like he was counting something, and his lips were set in an obvious pout.

"Ahem.."

The boy looked up at Yoongi and his eyes widened, just now realizing that he was even standing there.

  "I- I'm sorry, I- My count was off with the last customer and I let them get free candy on accident." He mumbled sadly.

Yoongi stared at him as Taehyung set his bag of candy down on the tall counter.

"Will your boss get mad?" Yoongi asked.

The boy shook his head and bit his lower lip as he looked at the bag. "I am the boss. This is my store. I work for myself." He stated. His eyes widened as he looked inside of the bag. "Well, someone must really like butterscotch." He smiled down at a shy Taehyung.

Tae giggled as he held tighter onto Yoongi's hand. "It's okay if you're a little off with your counting." Yoongi smiled. "People make mistakes." He set a twenty dollar bill down before Tae snatched the bag off the counter.

"Thank you!" Tae smiled giddily.

The boy tilted his head as the two started to leave. "Wait, your change—"

"Keep it." Yoongi waved him off as they opened the door and left the candy shop.

  Taehyung looked into his bag and took out a little piece of candy. He saw that Yoongi was staring down at him, so he held up the piece.

  "All you have to do is ask." The little one giggled as Yoongi took the candy.

  To be honest, Yoongi didn't even want the candy. He was just confused at the fact that the sweet smell left even though there was obviously candy right there next to him.

  He lifted the candy to his nose and sniffed, earning a weird look from his cousin. He looked back at the shop in confusion.

  "Let's just get you to practice.." He grabbed Tae's hand and started walking once again.

  After he dropped off the boy, he decided to walk around the mall. There was another candy shop in there, so he walked in without even thinking twice about it. The smell was nice, but it was nothing compared to earlier.

  Huh..

  What was that scent, then..?

~