Was it worth it?: botw!Link x Reader

Inspiration- @kani_uwu

You were sobbing, covered in blankets. You hadn't seen Link for 2 years since he left to be Princess Zelda's bodyguard. You have grown incapable to take care of yourself for quite awhile now, and everyone was worried about you. Yet you shut them out.

All you could think about was your past memories together...

"Link! Come on, I can see you!" You were running towards Link, a blonde hair, blue eyed boy.

"Awww! You got me!" He spoke with a happy voice, laughing light heartedly.

You cried even harder, listening to your childhood voices all around you. Your head rang with annoyance and anger.

"Link? Will you come with me to the dye shop? I wanna dye my tunic!"

"Yeah Y/N! What are we waiting for??"

You really missed the times you were together. You thought you were over him, but when the people of Hateno Village told you he was coming, you stayed in your house.

You took a deep breath, finally deciding. You would take care of yourself and get over this grown man named Link that you once had feelings for.

Looking around, you realized how messy your environment was. Clothes were scattered all over your house, food from a week ago sat on your kitchen table, and cobwebs were spread all over the corners of your house.

You cleaned up, washing and drying laundry, washing dishes, dusting, sweeping, and mopping. You mostly tidied the house.

"Hylia, I'm a mess." You said, looking in the mirror. You quickly went into the shower, then getting yourself dressed into a F/C shirt, a black pair of leggings, and sneakers. Then you applied makeup. (ONLY IF U WANT TO JFKFJGJ)

The moment you were done, a knock was heard on your door. Probably the people of the village giving you some more food....

You opened the door. "Hello?"

You looked up to see 6 people. One was a Gerudo, one was a Zora, one a Goron, a Rito, and 2 Hylians. You stepped back, realizing who these people were: The champions, the Princess, and the knight standing by her... Was Link.

After a few moments, he started. "I'm so sorry Y/N I-" You shook your head, tears filling your eyes.

"I... I can't." You shut the door in Link's face, leaving a shocked group of people standing at your door. You couldn't believe that the moment you decided to get better, they all came. Just great. Now you had to deal with them.

But... he knew your name. You couldn't shake the feeling that he remembered you. You broke your composure, running up to your bed. You sobbed, cheeks becoming a light pink. You could still tell the champions were still at your door, but you didn't care.

Oh, forget it. They don't like you Link." The rito Revali spoke.

"Hold on. They're crying. Maybe they do care about you." The gerudo Urbosa commented, bringing her head closer to the door.

"Should we tell them we're staying for awhile?" Zelda commented.

"Later, Princess." Link responded, walking away from the door, with the champions following.

Once they left, you wiped your tears. Would you ever forgive him? You would have to one day, but would that day be anytime soon?

Once you calmed down, you straightened yourself. You tried your very best to try and go outside of your house, but you didn't have the willpower to.

Sadly, you were buried in your thoughts for a while, thinking about the same memories that went through your head. You should probably go outside, and see Link once more, even if it wasn't the last time you were going to see him.

You boldly walked out and across your bridge to see Link next to his horse, Epona, feeding her apples. He didn't notice you, which was kind of unbelievable, but you tapped him on the shoulder.

"Huh? Who is.." His deep voice made him more mature, and when your eyes met, you could definitely see why every girl in Hyrule fell for him. He was just so handsome now, and even back then, when you had feelings for him. And frankly, you still do.

"Link!" You hugged him after a while, scaring the living soul out of him. You giggled, just finally happy to be with him once again.

"Y/N, I thought you were mad at me!"

"No! Of course not! It was just so sudden to see you again." That was definitely a lie, but you didn't want to tell him for the sake of his poor soul.

Nothing seemed awkward anymore, and you both forgot about that moment back at your house.

For the next few days Link was there, you both did the same things you did as childhood friends: Prank people around the village, train and just run around and have fun with each other. And to be honest, those days were the best days you've had in the past 2 years.

You even let the champions stay in your house for the time they were there, since you had the biggest house in Hateno.

The champions found it quite cute that you were spending time together. They totally shipped you behind your backs, and even Revali found it cute.

Once the Princess was done with business in the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab for the week, it was time for the group to go. It made you and Link sad, but you knew he had to one day.

You both trained the morning they had to leave, and the champions watched you both giggle and joke at each other.

"Aww, such a cute couple, you two!" Mipha squealed, making Link blush. You laughed at him, and he started to laugh as well.

When they were just about to leave, Link took your wrist.

"Hey Y/N?"

You hummed in response, confused as to why Link stopped you.

"Do you know how.. the champions called us a couple? How come you didn't deny it?"

You stared at his cerulean eyes, then laughed.

"Wha? What's so funny!?"

"Link, it's about time you knew I had a crush on you." You blushed as well, and you shared a moment of silence. Before you turned around to go back to your house, Link grabbed your hand, wrapped his arm around your waist and kissed you. You gasped at his sudden movement, then decided to play along.

After a few seconds, you let go. He was as bright as a tomato, lost for words.

"I- uh... I didn't mean f-for that t-to happen! It was just.."

Link was interrupted by you kissing him again. He looked at you and grinned.

"I really love you Link."

"I really love you too, Y/N."

~ Bonus ~

A few years later, Link, Zelda and the champions had defeated Calamity Ganon, and everyone lived peacefully now. The champions rested back in their homes, happy to know that Ganon wouldn't be back anytime soon.

For you and Link, he brought you to the castle and you both got married with the blessing of the new queen, Zelda. She was happily married to a man as well, and she let you both go live back in Hateno.

You both lived a happy happily ever after.

Then botw 2 happened, so...