Chapter twenty eight

"Roman!" Lucia smiled to the boy.

After the officers left, Virgil quickly ran up to his room, leaving his friends down stairs with no explanation, everyone figured he was cleaning his room, so waited in the living room, awaiting their friends return.

"Yes?" Roman smiled politely, ignoring Remus and Damien's 'I-am-watching-you-and-will-not-hesitate-to-kill-you-in-your-sleep' looks.

"I was just wondering why Remus and Damien look like they're going to pounce you at any moment. I'm worried you might get hurt. You kids are rambunctious." She said, concerned for Roman's well being.

"Pfft, don't worry. I can take them. Also, the reason is none of your business so back off." He said harsher than intended.

Lucia had an expression of hurt on her face, said "okay" and then bounced away with an obviously fake smile and said, "i'm going to make cookies for you  boys!" And off to her room she left to change into better cooking attire.

"Okay, that's it, Roman, I am killing you." Janus seethed, barely being held back by Remus.

Mostly because Remus wanted Roman to get beat up, but at the same time he was his brother, so in the end, he decided not to let his brother be beaten to a pulp, as much as he would love to see that.

"Janus, stop squirming around before I give you something to squirm about." Remus whispered seductively.

"Horrible pick up line." Janus sighed, but still stoped trying to escape Remus's clutches.

Roman scoffed at them. "Why are you so mad, my glorious self wasn't even that mean to her."

"It's not just about that, Roman! Oh my god, that's it, I need a break from you. Let's go see Virgil." Remus said, dragging his boyfriend upstairs.

Roman sighed and plopped down on the couch, when he got a text.

Ram: yo, Roman, Pat, or "fatty patty" as you call him wants to know the truth.

Roman: I haven't called him that in a long time

Kurt: you mean a weak?

Roman: screw you.

Roman: The truth about what?

Kurt: Emily, duh.

Roman: istg

Ram: lol he's curious, you better watch out.

Roman: you guys are no help.

Roman put his phone into his pocket as Lucia skipped back into the room from down the stairs with an apron on.

"Finally, i'm allowed to wear what I want again!" She twirled around in her fancy apron, T-shirt and skinny jeans. "I forgot how good jeans felt- oh, hello Roman! Did everyone else leave you behind? Or do you just not feel like being with people right now? Don't worry, I can relate! Oh, well I guess i'll leave you alone now if that's the case! Goodbye!" She chirped, skipping into the kitchen.

Roman texted Virgil.

The fab prince: jfc your mom is so cheery and she skips so much, how tf r u related?

Virge: I honestly have no idea. Probably a coping mechanism Also you can come up now.

Roman: alright doctor gloom.

Roman walked up the stairs into Virgil's room, just as Remus and Janus ran out, and through the front door.

Roman shot Virgil a confused look.

"They got a little horny. to make a long story short, i'll just say that and spare you your brother's sex life information."

"Jesus." Roman muttered, sitting on a bean bag, holding a conversation with Virgil.