Chapter 4 Welcome to Gotham

Italics= french

Third pov

Getting off the plane felt amazing after hours in the air.

The class gathered their luggage and gathered together just as a tall man with black hair and a smile on his face came over to them.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Gotham! My name is Richard Grayson and I'm your guide for the next few days."

Marinette, Adrien and Chloe understood him without problems. They all were fluent in english. Chloe and Adrien because of their parents and Marinette because she figured it would be a useful skill to have.

The class however, they had more of a basic understanding.

The darkhaired teen stepped forward. "It's nice to meet you Mr Grayson, my name is Marinette." She shook his hand ignoring the whispers behind her.

"So you're the one that sent the entry for your class. I have to say, it was amazing to read." He chuckled. "Yours were by far the most passionate entry."

Marinette felt a light blush cover her cheeks. "I'm glad you think so. It took some time to write it."

He still had his smile on. Although now it looks more real than before. "Well, it's time I show you where you guys will live during your stay."

"Great, Marinette is already flirting with the guide." Alya "whispered" behind Marinette. A lot of giggling followed.

Marinette didn't flinch at cruel remarks anymore but hurt flashed over her face.

Something Mr Grayson seemed to notice as he patted her shoulder while sending a disapproving look at her classmates. "I would like to remind anyone that Wayne Enterprises do not tolerate bullying and harassment. You will do well to remember that."

Before they could continue their snide remarks he clapped his hands. "Now, it's time for you to see where you will be living. Follow me."

Time skip

Chloe and Marinette ended up sharing a room at the hotel.

Something Marinette was happy about as it made things much easier. Both personally and superhero vise.

Mr Grayson had left to let them settle in and Marinette started unpacking.

Chloe did a security check on the room concluding that they didn't need to worry about cameras or listening devices.

After that she started unpacking as well.

They had a wardrobe each that they put their clothes in. Both had a desk each as well and two queen size beds.

The walls were a beautiful shade of maroon red and they even had a balcony.

Marinette felt like this might just turn out okay.

Time skip

The akuma swung for Honey Bee in anger.

Ladybug heard the bones in Honey's arm break as she hit a wall. She felt bile rise in her throat. The sound of bones breaking would never become natural for her.

She needed to end this quick-

Marinette bolted upright breathing heavily.

The sound of Chloe's arm being broken echoing in her ears.

She grabbed the trashcan beside the bed and emptied her stomach in it.

Everything from the last 42 hours gone.

The two kwamii's, Pollen and Tikki did their best to sooth her and she felt a cool towel being placed around her neck, officially signaling that she'd woken up Chloe.

When she was done her stomach cramped.

She looked at Chloe to see the blonde watching her with a mix of sympathy and worry. "Nightmares?"

Marinette nodded. "Remember the cat akuma a few months ago? The one that nearly killed Luka and broke your arm? I dreamt about him."

Chloe winced. That particular akuma had been less than fun to fight and she had her own nightmares from that encounter. No doubt Luka does as well.

The blonde looked at her friend's pale, almost grey face. "Think you can get some more sleep?"

The black haired girl shook her head.

Chloe looked at the time. Two in the morning. Then it hit her. "Do you want to do the nightmare routine we have with Adrien?"

Marinette nodded slowly. Her eyes were looking a bit droppy but Chloe wouldn't force her to sleep.

Instead she made space for the other teen on her bed, set the alarm for an hour early, got Marinette her phone and headphones and let her listen to music.

It was a routine that gave much needed comfort after an unpleasant night.

Soon Mari was half asleep and Chloe decided she could sleep too. After all, they were going to WE tomorrow.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)