41. New Years Cheers

New Years Eve| 2016

Sarai' Morgan

"Yeah, they're done." I let Evan know when he re-entered the lab. "Good, it's break time anyway. What are you having for lunch?" He asked. "I don't know...something from the café though." I replied as I cleaned up my work area. I needed a break because I had pulled a double and hadn't eaten since this morning. Today was extremely busy and I couldn't wait to get off and go home. I needed food, a nice hot bubble bath and booty rubs. My initial plan was to go to the gym but the way I was feeling right now, I knew that I wouldn't make it.

"What are you having?" I asked Evan. "Not sure but I'll treat. Have any plans for tonight?" He wondered. "Times Square to watch the ball drop, maybe." Jah and I hadn't actually made plans to bring in the New Year. Manny usually threw a party but he was going out of town. Dub went back home and Mel was bringing in the New Year with her family, so I had no plans. I would be fine with just sleeping in my bed next to my baby, honestly.

"What about you?" I asked in return. "Samantha invited me to a party..." I frowned in disapproval upon hearing that. "Samantha...as in your ex Samantha?" She had a damn nerve after she cheated on him. "Am I crazy for wanting to go?" He asked hesitantly. "Yes! You know what...no." I changed my mind, thinking of something for him to do. "You should go and take a date! Get really dressed up and make sure she's stunting too, so you can make her jealous." I smiled pettily.

That's what I would do.

"Can't take you, huh?" He chuckled. "My boyfriend would kill you." He chuckled but little did he know, I was serious. I wouldn't want to put Evan's life at risk, so he'd better find someone else to go with him. "He does look a little scary but don't tell him I said that." He laughed. "Your secret is safe with me." I promised. "I do have one friend but she annoys me after a while. On the plus side, she looks better than Sam." Now it was my turn to laugh as we exited the lab together, heading to the elevators. He hit the down button and allowed me to walk on first before entering.

"That's a start. She needs a dress! Something tight but not skanky, just enough to give her a little poke." I advised. "Well...she really doesn't have an ass. Maybe a slit up the thigh to show a little more leg than usual?" He suggested making me laugh. "I think I'm rubbing off on you." I giggled. "You give really good advice, I'm just listening." He joked. "I want to hear all about it too!" I stated as we entered the cafe. We walked in the same direction, checking out the self service stations to see what was on the menu.

In the midst of looking, my phone vibrated in my pocket, notifying me of a call. An instant smile lit up my face as Jah's name came across the screen. "Hey baby." I answered. "Wassup mama?" His smile matched mine as we looked at each other through the camera. "Finally getting something to eat." I sighed. The only thing I had for breakfast was a wrap and a little bit of fruit. I haven't been keeping up with my morning smoothies, either. My whole morning routine had been put on the back burner for sleep and sex.