Chapter 22

Calvin's POV

I watch as a wolf walks out of the trees and shifts. Shifting into Miles' father.

What?

His father is a werewolf? That would explain his anger issues. That would also explain why the rogues are attacking us. By why would the hunters be attacking us?

I avoid looking down, not wanting to get an eye full of his dick. Miles and I stand up, while doing so I push him behind me, protecting him.

Miles stares down his father with anger and disbelief in his eyes. His father just smirks, looking between us and our picnic date.

"Oh, are the little fags out on a date?" He says mockingly. I growl, feeling anger in my bones. This is the man that hit my mate, that kicked him out of the house.

"What do you want?" I spit at him, anger lacing my voice.

"Just wanted to see how my son his doing... I see he hasn't changed a bit. Still a whore," he spits out the word 'son' like it burned him.

"I'm not a whore, you douchebag!" Miles yells, finally getting to stand up to the man that ruined his life.

"I don't care what you are, as long as you are dead soon," his father says, Miles' eyes filling with tears when he hears him say that.

I grab Miles' hand tightly, trying to reassure him that I'm here.

"Get off my land before I make you," I say walking closer to the vile man.

"Okay, I will, just wanted to warn you. Your pack will be burned to the ground by the rogues and the hunters. We will be after you, and now that poor little Miles can shift, we will not hold back," he warns. He turns to walk away, and I watch closely as he shifts. He turns back, giving a snarl, and then turns and runs.

As soon as Miles' father is gone, Miles turns to me and hugs me tightly. I can feel his tears wetting my shirt, but I don't mind. I will be here for him no matter what.

Miles pulls away, but worries me when he says, "I don't feel good." I can see he is a little woozy on his feet, and I'm immediately concerned because werwolves don't get sick.

He wobbles, and then his eyes proceed to roll into the back of his head. Before he crumbles to the floor, I catch him in my arms and pick him up.

I race back to pack house, mindlinking Doctor Ray to have a room ready. I rush to the pack hospital and Doctor Ray ushers me into a room.

I lay Miles on the bed and practically scream, "What's wrong with him!"

"I will find out Alpha, but I need you to leave so I can find out the problem," he states calmly, knowing how to deal with my angry Alpha ways.

I walk out angrily, pissed that something is wrong with my mate. We were enjoying our time together before his father had to ruin it! He made my mate cry, I will never forgive him.

I just hope Miles gets through this okay.