[60] Alena

Thirteen years later:

Ding dong

Checking my watch I knit my brows together, 8 PM who on earth could that be. I stand up from the couch and make my way to the front door, flicking the light on and swinging it open to reveal a male who looks older than my daughter standing there. Behind him is a motorcycle with two helmets light up by the light of the moon.

He's dress in ripped skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt with a black leather jacket over the top of it. He has tattoos on his neck and his chest, and on his legs as well as they appear through the rips of his jeans, so I can only imagine his arms are covered as well. 

"Whatever you're selling, I'm not interested." 

"Uh, I'm not selling anything, I'm here to pick up Alena"

"You're here to pick up my daughter? You?" I question as I look him up and down once more "Sorry kid, you must have the wrong house and the wrong Alena." 

"Dad." Alena yells as she runs down the stairs quickly, her eyes wide in horror at the way I've spoke to her friend

"Dad this is Ethan, we're going on a date." 

"Right now? at 8 PM at night and on the back of a motorcycle? I don't think so, go and get dressed." I fold my arms across my chest.

"Dad." she glares at me the same way her mother does 

"With all due respect sir, I'll take good care of her, I'll have her back by whatever time you like." Ethan speaks from outside the door 

"Fine, alright, have her home eight, oh would you look at the time." I check my watch once again. 

"Dad, that's not funny." Alena huffs and folds her arms over her chest. "I don't need your permission, I'm eighteen years old I can do what I like." 

"Yeah, you might be eighteen, but how old are you?" I ask turning to the male at the door 

"I'm twenty-Three." 

"Not happening, have a good night, goodbye." I close the door in his face. 

"Dad!" Alena snaps "I can't believe you just did that, you're so embarrassing."

"Alena, Easton whats all the yelling about?" Aubrey questions as she makes her way down the stairs. 

"Ethan came to pick me up for our date and Dad slammed the door in his face after being extremely rude."

"Easton tell me you didn't." she sighs

"Aubrey you didn't see the guy, he's twenty-three years old and covered in tattoos, it's eight o'clock at night and he wants to take her on the back of a bike." 

"She's eighteen Easton, we can't keep her locked in the house." 

"Are you hearing yourself?" I fight back. 

Alena's POV:

And that's my cue. I slide past my parents and open the front door closing it softly before running down the front steps. Ethan is still sitting there on the bike. I run to him and throw my arms around him, kissing him with everything I have. 

"Let's go." 

Smirking against my lips he grabs the helmet and places it on my head, then fires up the bike and we speed off out of the driveway. I turn back to see my parents standing on the porch watching up speed off, dad looking furious and Mum trying to reason with him. 

I know I'm acting like a spoilt brat right now, but dad has been this way since I was twelve years old. He has scared off every male I've ever had in my life, in fact Ethan is the only one that hasn't run for the hills at first glance.