•34•

"What is that?" Haz asks Tom.
"American candy, it's super sweet try some"
I laugh, seeing everyone's reactions as the try the candy Tom got while we were in New York.
Again, Baylee doesn't sit with us at lunch. Whatever.
I see the same girl from earlier walk into the cafeteria, looking as stressed as earlier.
"Bec!" I call her and wave her over, the look of relief that washes over her face makes me happy. That's the same relief I felt my first day when Haz called me over.
"Guys this is Bec" I introduce her to the group and they all introduce themselves.
"So you never told me what year you are?" I ask.
"Junior" she says.
"We're all seniors except the twins" I say.
I see Bec send a small smile Harry's way. Hmm.
"I'm having a party this weekend, you should come" Haz invites her.
"First day and already invited to a party, I must be doing something right" she laughs. "Sure"
"Sweet I'm sure you and Elle will be best friends by then so she'll text you the details" he says and I laugh.
School finishes quickly, damn I can't wait to graduate. Not too long now.
"So.. you know how we were talking about telling everyone?" I say to Tom as he walks me to my car.
"Yeah?" He says.
"Are you sure they won't treat us weird? Or differently?" I release my concerns.
"Haven't been in many relationships have you?" He asks.
"Not real ones" I shrug.
"Yeah they might tease us a bit, but they're not going to have an issue with it. It's just a change in the dynamic of our group." He says.
"And we're going to tell our parents alone right?" I ask. "Because my dad is weird"
"Sounds good, and the group?" He asks.
"Can we do it through group chat?" I laugh.
"We can do it however you want darlin" he kisses my forehead and opens my car door for me. "Have fun with your sister tonight, remember this is good for you."
How is Tom so perfect? Like fuck. He's the exact person I need in my life, in every way. I adore him.
"Ill see you later" I smile.
"See you" he shuts my door, waving and walking away.
I go home and wait out my parents getting off work.
My phone dings and I check it.
Tom: I want to tell Haz myself if that's okay.. He deserves to hit me if he wants.
Elle: He's not going to hit you Tom.
Tom: he might.. I kind of hit him when he took brook from me..
Elle: THOMAS!
Tom:🤷🏻
"Elle you home?" My mom calls out.
"Yes!" I say, skipping down the stairs.
"Will you be home for dinner tonight? I was thinking we could order takeout" she says, setting her purse down and taking off her jacket.
"Yeah sounds good.. can we talk?" I ask.
"You're in quite a hurry, is something wrong?" She asks.
"No, nothing's wrong" I shake my head. "I just need to tell you something"
"Okay.." she says, sitting down.
"I guess I'll just say it Uhm.. Tom and I are dating" I say.
"Hun please I already knew" she says.
"You did?" I ask.
"I count the condoms in the bathroom" she says.
"Ew mom!" I yell. "What the fuck!"
"Can't say I was for sure it was Tom, I also had my suspicions about Harrison" she mutters on and I cover my face with my hands.
"Can we please not talk about that!" I groan.
"Okay okay" she laughs. "I'm glad it's not just a fling"
"Alright, I told you, you kind of ruined it. No offense. Now I'm just going to move on and pretend we didn't just have that conversation" I say, walking away and leaving that terribly uncomfortable conversation.
Elle: okay, not stealing condoms from my mom anymore🤦🏼‍♀️
Tom: oh god she knew from that???
Elle: yup..
Tom: I don't think I can ever face your mum again..
Elle: same.
Elle: did you talk to Haz?
Tom: about to right now.. I'll text you soon.
Time to go pick up Elouise and Luis from the airport.

•Toms pov•
"So we need to talk about something." I say to Haz as I walk into his flat.
"Okay.. you sounded weird on the phone. Everything okay mate?" He asks.
"Yeah" I nod. We sit down and he impatiently waits for me to start talking.
"So I guess I'll start it off with I know you have feelings for Elle...And I never told you, but so do I.." I say.
"I know. when do we ever like different girls?" He attempts to joke.
"And Elle likes me back.." I say.
"I know, that's kind of how she turned me down when I told her I was into her. Then you fucked up big time" he says.
I totally forgot about that. I hope Elle doesn't still think about that..
"I did fuck up, but I was able to fix it" I start.
"Just say it mate.. cause I know what you're going to say" he sighs.
"Elle and I are in a relationship." I say and he nods.
"Karma is a bitch, that's what I get for stealing brook from you" he says. "Happy for the both of you."
He definitely doesn't seem happy, but that's understandable.
"I really didn't mean for it to work out this way. It just kind of happened. if I'm honest I had no clue you were into her when I started letting myself fall for her" I explain. "I don't even think I realized I was falling for her..."
"Yeah, me either. Because Elle is so easy to fall in love with" he sighs. "I'm happy for you, really am. You understand it's just a bit difficult to accept right?"
"Of course. I just wanted to make sure we're okay?" I ask.
"We're good. I appreciate you telling me."