The Get Away

Cap's eyes were trained on the six men infront of him, he had his riffle and his pistol but he'd rather not use them

"You've no right to cart him away without a deputized Virginia citizen with you." Benny called. It wasn't true, but his father was a mayor and he'd  hoped it would be enough to hear it from him, that the Sheriff would believe it.

"They want these Hatfield men so bad I doubt they'd  care even if that were true." The Sheriff called.

"He wants to be handed over you should let him Benny." The Deputy advised.

Cap felt a hand slip around his arm, "shhh, we got a plan. Cotton's gon' be waitin' on us in the woods." Chyna whispered hiding behind Cap and Jon.

Ronda stepped away from Benny and bowed slightly towards the sheriff, "excuse me I've  work about the gardens to tend." She said with a pleasant smile.

"You know who can book them Soles on the boy's proclaimed marriage to that young woman there. We might all be friendly, but it still isn't  legal Benny." The Deputy sighed.

Cap narrowed his eyes at him "you told?" Chyna asked quietly. "No I just said somethin' bout a wife. He'll I wasn't expectin' you to show up in town fussin' about Cotton and Huck..."Cap whispered back.

In the near distance, the sound of a dull bell rang.

Roana stood by the stables with a cast iron pot and wooden spoon making a ruckus while Ronda set free the spooked horses from their stalls. Like a stampede they tore threw the gardens following the walled gates to the front of the estate.

That is all the horses but one, who stayed in her stall peacefully munching on hay.

"The big black mare won't  budge, Roana..." Ronda said baffled as she watched the mare eat. "I heard Huck talking to William...that she isn't  spooked by much." Ronda said shaking her head "but no animal likes loud noise." She added looking to Roana.

Roana took her hand fan out and walkin g b up to Pardon she gave the animal a hard wack to the flank. "Get!" Roana called, when she did not move she gave her another wack "go on! Stupid, we don't wanna hit you, go!" Roana shouted.

Pardon took off out of her stall.

Chyna watched as the lawmen tried their best to avoid the herd, "so how do we?" Cap asked watching the horses fly by. "You wait for Pardon," Chyna said as she tried to grab hold of a horse, but it zipped past her.

A blood bay reared and winnied as it came to a quick stop, narrowly avoiding a collision with the Sheriff's horse. Chyna ran for it, with a bit of trouble and the help of it's mane she managed to drag herself onto it's back.

"That's not wise..." Jon warned her "I've done it twice, I figure I can manage enough...I hope." Chyna puffed, it took more effort than she expected to get up.