2

"Since he had just told me his story I knew I could trust him. But the story of my past is a hard one to tell."

I wake up very confused and surrounded by sand

I wake up very confused and surrounded by sand. So much sand. Why am I in so much sand?

Jakku!

Poe!

Finn!

I flip over onto my stomach and try to get my bearings. So far it's just a bunch of sand. I notice my feet are tangled in some sort of string. Looking past the string I can see that it's attached to some kind of netted parachute and lying face first in the sand next to the parachute is Poe.

"Poe!" I yell, untangling my feet from the string. I went to my feet and started stumbling down the sand dune towards the pilot. "Poe!"

When I get to him I flip him over and see his chest heave up and down again. Thank the stars. After assessing him for any major injuries and not seeing any, I look up and around for Finn.

I don't see anything nearby, not even our crashed TIE fighter. Not too long after, Poe seems to come to his senses.

"Wha-, where are we?" He asks sitting up.

"Jakku." I reply. "And I don't know where Finn is."

The two of us stand up, only struggling a little bit, and attempt to fully assess the situation. The day is just starting to end and we are going to need some place to go soon.

"What about the droid?" I ask Poe. He seemed pretty passionate about getting back to him as soon as possible. Which happened to be part of the reason why we are on this planet in the first place.

"I don't think I'm in any condition to go anywhere." Poe says. Apparently my assessment hadn't been that thorough. He was clutching his arm and appeared mentally and physically exhausted. He was favoring his left leg over his right.

"Oh," I say. "What about the map?"

"We'll have to come back." Poe says, adjusting, and wincing as he places the slightest bit more weight on his right foot. "We have to get off this planet, the droid can take care of itself."

"So what's the plan to get off the planet?" I ask.

Poe still appears to be in pain from his leg, so as he's speaking I grab his arm and guide him down to sit back on the ground. "I have this tracking thing." He pulls out a small, round, coin shaped object from his pocket. "All we have to do is break this seal and the resistance will know where we are."

He hands me the disc and I flip it through my fingers. "And why didn't you use this on the base?" I look up from the coin and to Poe's face.

"I thought about it. I'll admit it." Poe sighs, either in pain or in thought before continuing, "But I really didn't want to lead the resistance somewhere that I knew they weren't entirely prepared for. I mean sure we prepare but we never really knew the threat we're up against. But now we do and we can prepare a little more to really get at them."