Chapter 1: What is your favorite Name of Allah SWT?

﷽ Bismi-llāhi ar-raḥmāni ar-raḥīm In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

UndiscoveredPearl: What Is Your Favourite Name Of Allah (Swt) And What Does It Mean To You Personally?

@madlei: "My favourite name of Allah (swt) is Ar-Rahïm (The Most Merciful) because if I do something wrong I know he is Ar-Rahïm. I know when people dislike me or the whole world dislikes me than I know he is Ar-Rahïm and I am always welcome to him. In Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahïm there is everything...3 times darood. one tasbeeh of Bismillah Ar-rahmani-Ar-Rahïm and then the DUA and 3 times darood and Allah will except your duaa...Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahïm are also the First Names which are mentioned in the beginning of Asmaul husna...and Allah (swt) has mentioned his rahmat (mercy) so often....you have to be really blind not to see them."

le_Muslim_MAN: "Al-Muhaymin (The Ever Watching) Just a reminder to me that I have my Guardian, my Protector above me watching and that nothing can harm me if He is guarding me. :)"

La_Muslim_CHICA "I'd probably have to go with Ar-Rahman (The Most Beneficent) because as you know it means 'the most merciful' and really that is all Allah is to us. Merciful. He doesn't make us take more than we can handle. Sure there are challenges but He knows we can handle them. He is also very forgiving and gives us opportunities to make up for our sins and get in His good graces."

UmmTameem786 "Ar-Rahman, to me, means security and dependence; that without the help and work of my Lord I am nothing. It means that whether I am far from islam or reaching up the rungs to Ihsaan, I can call upon him and he shall be near."

Dimplymuslimah "It's got to be الرحيم Ar-Rahîm Because it means The Merciful one. There were times In my life when I didn't know what to do and I couldn't differentiate between right and left and times when everyone abandoned me but Allah never gave up on me. He had mercy upon me and there were times when I neglected Him and I refused to worship Him and I committed unforgivable sins, He didn't forsake me nor did He curse me. rather He had mercy upon me and sent me signs through people around me and some other things. When I returned to Him, I could feel the serenity and I felt at peace knowing that He had and will continue to have mercy upon me and forgive my sins. When I asked, He gave and never have I for any reason doubted that my unanswered prayers were unheard. I know that He (S.W.T) loves me and He will always be there for me and no matter how dark it is, His light will always be there. It is only by His mercy that I am where I am today that I am who I am today and as a matter of fact, it is only by His mercy that I am a Muslimah today. So knowing that the one who made me is Merciful and will always be merciful fills me with joy, hope, peace and serenity.

KLottCrackers "Ohh okay, sure. You want me to pick one? Only ONE? Yikes that's gonna be hard! I'm going to go with al-Khaliq, The Creator! The one who created us all. We go through hardships and think all has gone wrong and there's no one there for us when our creator is! Because our creator didn't create us to leave us. And sometimes we don't believe situations will change and get better. How can they not if we pray to the creator of the situation to help us. He'll help His creation and fix the situation if we have enough faith. Also, as the creator, He knows His creation and what's better for His creation so how can we not trust him and trust he'll guide us? Just the mere fact that Allah created us shows so many things itself. That He is all-powerful and he is so close to us. Every single bit of us was created by Him. Think about it! Look down at your hands. Who created that? Allah. Wow. Your unique features were created by your Lord. Isn't that amazing? Don't you feel really close to Him? And as His creation, what's life if we don't remember Him? The one who actually made us as individuals and blessed us with so much! Each and every person in this earth was created uniquely and as long as they remember their creator, they live with Allah's love!"

HijabiFreedom " Allah (SWT) is Al-Ghafur (The All Forgiving). Often I have found myself in state of despair, a state in which I feel so bad about something I have done, or a mistake I have made and I find it increasingly difficult to forgive myself. However, when I take a moment and remember this name of Allah, I am consoled. It makes me feel that there is still hope for me yet. :)"

sdueys "Ok, my favourite name is Al-Sami (The All Hearing) two years ago i was going through a rough time i remember i would cry everytime i was alone and sometimes the pain would become unbearable . i would cry out "O the one who hears the cry of the sufferer please remove my pain and reward me for my paitiance and forgive my sins for you are the most forgiving".knowing that Allah could hear my supplications made me feel secure and it also became away of healing for me.i knew i wasnt alone.i guess thats why this name is my most favourite."

DevotMuslimah "My favorite name of Allah SWA would have to be Al-Basir. The all seeing. Subhannallah just knowing that I have my creator giving me His full attention and how He the almighty sees what I am going threw and sees what's in my heart makes me feel secure because I don't even have to open my mouth and He knows and He understands me better than I ever can. Just knowing that He is always watching over me makes me feel like I can accomplish anything."

mMegllaghergirl "Okay so first of all, Bismillah Irahman NiraHeem. Ma Shaa Allah, Allah (SWT) has all equally beautiful names, but my favourite has got to be Noor.
Noor means light. And personally to me Noor is so majestic because it is light and I feel Islam spreads and lights up every corner of this world. So SubhanAllah to every Muslim named Noor. Also if you add a Meem (Arabic letter) in front of Noor then it becomes Mahnoor. Mahnoor is the name of a character in my book. I chose this because Meem means Moon so it becomes Moonlight. And moonlight is beautiful."

Miss_terYas " I took some time to think about that because usually i use different names of Allah in Du'as hehe but i realised i didnt have a favourite.
Now that i've thought about it, the name Al- 'Aziz is the one i prefer. It means Allah(swt) is the one who overpowers and is never overpowered. Al-'Aziz is the Strong, the most-powerful, Unique, the one who controls everything, the one who strengthen us and none can be equal to Him (swt). We can see the meaning of this name in our everyday life. e.g Looking at the huge sky standing there without any pillars... its the power of Al-'Aziz or whenever we are in difficulties and we call to Al-'Aziz, He(swt) controls everything and always makes the best happens.
This name has a deep meaning & explaining can go on & on & on :P"